• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

wiring schematic

65-408

I just finished mapping out the entire wiring harness for my 65 FB. It is quite different than stock, as I am using a universal EZ Wiring panel, MSD Box, mini starter, one wire alt conversion from Falcon Parts...

If anyone would like a copy, shoot me a PM. I can't certify it is 100% correct as I haven't wired the car yet, but it should be close... Comments/corrections are always welcome...

330-260312052323-9575901.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice job... That's a great way to manage what you did if you need to do any troubleshooting...

I've got mine all spread out over different worksheets.. between the GM style harness, 3G alternator, EFI, Fox Mustang multifunction switch, autometer electric gauges, electric fan, speed sensor, etc.. it gets complicated quick... I really should try to do what you've done as well.

Are you going to wire in emergency flashers? Also, for the dash board, I found it very convenient to wire everything in the dash bezel to a single 12 pin connector. It made it real easy to remove the bezel to get behind the dash if needed.

"stangg" said:
Are you going to wire in emergency flashers? Also, for the dash board, I found it very convenient to wire everything in the dash bezel to a single 12 pin connector. It made it real easy to remove the bezel to get behind the dash if needed.

yes on the flashers and great suggestion on the 12 pin, that is partly why I did this, to get an idea of where to put additional connectors to make it easy to work with...

Can you pm your schematic? I'm doing this next on my car! Where did ya'll get the 12 pin connector?
Thanks

65, that's really neat! What did you use to make that? Excel or Visio?

-Shannon

"65-408" said:
I just finished mapping out the entire wiring harness for my 65 FB. It is quite different than stock, as I am using a universal EZ Wiring panel, MSD Box, mini starter, one wire alt conversion from Falcon Parts...

If anyone would like a copy, shoot me a PM. I can't certify it is 100% correct as I haven't wired the car yet, but it should be close... Comments/corrections are always welcome...

I need to give some comments on this wiring.
Personnally I would connect the (-)pole of the battery to the chassis and ground the engine to the chassis separetely.

Good Morning and Happy new year, Do you still have you wiring schematic, I have a 65 falcon and I just got a ez wiring kit.
Thanks

Back