• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Worst luck...

Kats66Pny

So I got Gertie running again yesterday but now my daily driver wants to mess with me today! Another flat tire. Luckily it's a simple fix.

This will be the third time I've had to replace tires on this car within a year. WTF?! oh I know. My husband keeps putting cheap USED tires on. Maybe now he will let me get NEW tires!

And a new set of wheels for my pain & suffering....

"Kats66Pny" said:
So I got Gertie running again yesterday but now my daily driver wants to mess with me today! Another flat tire. Luckily it's a simple fix.

This will be the third time I've had to replace tires on this car within a year. WTF?! oh I know. My husband keeps putting cheap USED tires on. Maybe now he will let me get NEW tires!

And a new set of wheels for my pain & suffering....

Try living down miles of gravel. My tire guy drives around in a Lincoln Navigator funded by...ME.

We have a scrub timber in OZ called "Gidgee" that is so hard it almost sparks when you cut it with a chainsaw.
Last week i was out west driving the centreline of an old powerline and in 1 day i staked 2 Desert Duellers through the sidewall and destroyed them.
They had only done 5000km's and cost $250 each :rant

"silverblueBP" said:
Try living down miles of gravel. My tire guy drives around in a Lincoln Navigator funded by...ME.

And your engine parts guy is in the chauffeur driven Escalade stretch limo...

"silverblueBP" said:

My bulb is a little dim here so help me out. I have lived on gravel roads for years and never had a flat from that (always been a nail or metal of some type) so how does gravel cause a flat? :shrug

Kat, just remember that old HeeHaw show song..."Gloom, Despair and agony on me..OOOhhhh... if it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all!" :roll

When I was a teenager I kept getting used tires they never lasted I was always getting more used crap. Man I don't miss those days!!!!

"gwstang" said:
My bulb is a little dim here so help me out. I have lived on gravel roads for years and never had a flat from that (always been a nail or metal of some type) so how does gravel cause a flat? :shrug

Around these parts, they use "creek" gravel on the roads. It's all flint rock that always has sharp edges no matter the size.

I have only had 2 flats ever, and have previously only owned 1 car long enough to have to buy a set of tires.

The wheels I just bought for the Stang are the first set of wheels I have ever bought and now the 2nd set of tires.

Well I might be getting lucky after all. :thu

Husband is leaving work early (on his way home now) and we're going to go look for new wheels!!! I have ugly V6 stock wheels (16") on my DD now, but I keep telling husband I want some 17s or 18s. I'm thinking either some FR500s or GT4s. Staggered of course. Maybe some 8 or 9s in the front and 10s in the rear with some big 'ol fat tires like some 315/35. :confu

OOh got goosebumps just thinking about it! :steer

Back