• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Would this look stupid as an air cleaner?

Fst Blk

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Polish-Aluminum ... 7c&vxp=mtr

$(KGrHqR,!nYFIu6G1lkeBSPU9(ZZK!~~60_1.JPG

Bill

"Larry G" said:
On a classic Mustang, yes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't want a run of the mill breather and can't find anything that I like. Thought about a spectre intake system but don't think I'll have the room.

Bill

On top of a tunnel ram sticking out of the hood would be very retro and I like that look.

Mel

"Fst Blk" said:
"Larry G" said:
On a classic Mustang, yes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't want a run of the mill breather and can't find anything that I like. Thought about a spectre intake system but don't think I'll have the room.

Bill
I feel ya. I am FINALLY putting my engine together and am facing the same decision challenges (plus a few more). What kind of "style" are you after? Based on the example of this thread, might I suggest a twin draft style? It has the polished metal look, much more air volume and is not very common. It is $$$ though.

Attachments

• 51064280.jpg
    51064280.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 95
"chillininnh" said:
Those have got to be some of the ugliest air cleaner options I've ever seen lol. :barf What's wrong with a round one?
Eye of the beholder, fella!

If you are going for the classic look I agree keep it simple (normal). If you are building more of a restomod and not just upgrading a few mechanical systems the more "high-tech" look can work. You ever seen a Ring Bros. build? Way too extreme for my tastes but a good example of what I mean.

Here's one of the side draft style installed. Yeah it's a Chevy but gives you an idea. Couldn't find a pic on a Ford in a fast search but with the distributor up front I think it fits well. Leaves a void on this engine.

Attachments

• 0047.jpg
    0047.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 93
"Horseplay" said:
"chillininnh" said:
Those have got to be some of the ugliest air cleaner options I've ever seen lol. :barf What's wrong with a round one?
Eye of the beholder, fella!

If you are going for the classic look I agree keep it simple (normal). If you are building more of a restomod and not just upgrading a few mechanical systems the more "high-tech" look can work. You ever seen a Ring Bros. build? Way too extreme for my tastes but a good example of what I mean.

True that. I can't name one stock component on my car, so I don't want run of the mill.

Bill

I want more of a race look so these valve covers with that spectre air cleaner would look cool.

6241b.jpg

I like the raw hand touched nature of these.

Bill

Back