• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Wounded Warrior GT500

AzPete

Had some free time today so several of our local club members made a run to our state capitol. Reason for the trip was to catch up to the Wounded Warriors Family Support 2011 Shelby GT500. What a great feeling it was to see the car, make a personal donation, read the messages, and talk with the USMC Col. Folsom (Ret.) (back to the camera in a white WW shirt)for the afternoon. He hit to states today and plans three tomorrow. Talking with one of his support guys, never caught speeding.....but he says they should have been. I told him to publish the pic. of any cop with the balls to write that car a ticket. lol

Read more on the project here.... www.woundedwarriorsfamilysupport.org . In a nut shell, this GT500 will see 48 capitols + DC in 30 days....be on display in Omaha (I think), and then auctioned in Fl at Mecham auction in Jan. Second one he has done and he will do again next year. He buys the car, gets it wrapped, drives the heck out it for abut 15,000 miles, then auctions for big bucks...and repeats. This schedule is also available on the MCA site.

Here are the cars that cruised today. 1 05 GT, 3 07 GT500s, 1 '09 GT500 and our '11 GT/CS. Great run....and quick at times...lol

Funny thing was, the dealer had the black and red 05 and the silver vert (600+ hp for sale) and no local cars showed up. If not for our club, there would have been no support there..........
unload271.jpg

unload272.jpg

Here is the Wounded Warrior GT500...
unload273.jpg

unload274.jpg

unload275.jpg

unload276.jpg

unload277.jpg

And our spot on the car....left front fender.
unload279.jpg

Supper at Chillis and a sweet ride home on the two lanes. Left at noon, got back at 9pm....220 miles total. Oh, Linda won the door prize too, an 18.5" Weber grill, 6 types of BBQ sauces and spices, and $100.00 card from Publics......looks like it is BBQ time.

Awesome!

Thanks for posting and thanks for supporting the cause.

I should paint the 08 like that.................

"Sluggo" said:
Awesome!

Thanks for posting and thanks for supporting the cause.

I should paint the 08 like that.................

No problem....and it is a wrap on the car. Under that is a normal white/red striped 2011 GT500. The winner of the auction can remove the wrap and no damage will be had on the car....or drive it as it is.

Back