• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

WTF - CA residents can no longer buy long tube headers?

DEL65

Of The Morons
Today I tried to buy a set of JBA long tube headers #6610S. No big deal. Summit can't sell them to a CA resident due to new environmental laws enacted in Jan 2015. They can sell shorty's no prob, but long tubes, regardless of vehicle year are a no-no. One more reason I hate this state. I'm considering other options. Rant over.

too bad you don't know someone that lives outside of California that could receive the headers and then have them shipped here. I have been told that this new internet thing has forums of like minded individuals, such as fans of a mid 60's Ford car, that could do just that thing for a guy. But hey...this computer stuff is just a passing fad.

Have them sent to me in Utah and I'll ship them to you.

Double shipping sucks but hey......

Mel

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

I do not see any shipping restriction on the Summit website

other than "
Some parts are not legal for sale or use in California on any pollution-controlled motor vehicles "

tell them it is for a 1965 Mustang .

Hi, after I loaded my cart and was entering my credit card info, Summit online would not process my order. I called them and explained it was for my 65, but the rep confirmed they can't sell me headers.

Thanks Mel for the offer to ship them to me, I really appreciate it. Bill and Tom are in Sacto, so I'll probably pay them a weekend visit and run over to Reno and get the headers.

Admit it...you really don't have a CAR. Oh yeah invisible headers for your invisible car.

Sounds to me like a "long tube header" is some sort of a cannabis paraphernalia...which may be why it is illegal in Kalifornia.

There is no explaining the thought processes here in California. I recently went to buy a new battery charger for my shop. Searching online, several of the nicer ones were "not available for sale in California". A little research shows that they don't meet our new stringent energy use and compliance laws. How much energy does a battery charge use....really? I can only imagine why they are not allowing the headers.

Back