• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

You mama wears Army boots!

KBMWRS

Welcome truth back
Donator
You mama wears Army boots!
If I ever heard that when I was a kid, I would agree with the kid trying to insult my mother. She did wear Army boots. The Royal British Army to be exact. Yes mom was a corporal in the army. She was an ambulance driver in London during WWII and during the blitz. That was my Mom.

She died yesterday, joining Dad after 5 years and right behind her daughter, my sister who died last October. Yeah Mom wore army boots and she was proud of it. She met Dad when she was 18. They married when she was 20. Dad was in the Royal Air Force, ground crew. They would tell about when they were dating that they would ride their bicycles south and watch the Battle of Britain high above their heads, strange times. Their wedding was during the war so a party was friends and neighbors who could scrape together rations to make a cake. After having a daughter in 1946 they became immigrants to this new country in 1948.

Here they settled in Chicago where my uncle had followed his American bride back to. So our home was Chicago. In later years we all slowly migrated to California following my brother who had been in the Air Force. Here they enjoyed retirement and 7 grand kids and 5 great grand kids.

My mom was a strong woman. Meaning she didn’t take gruff from no one. But she also had a great sense of humor and my Dad kept her laughing. She declined very steadily after my Dad left. The last year she couldn’t remember much and my brother and I had to tell her who we were. I saw her a couple weeks ago, she was talking…and talking. Barely audible and in coherent but she was having quite a time telling us all about this and that.

Oh how I miss them both already but their bodies and minds couldn’t last much longer. It was for the best.

Yeah my mama wore army boots.

Mike,
Very, Very sorry to hear of this. If there's anything we can do, please call.

Craig

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss Mike. Our prayers are with you and your family.

My Mom wore boots too while in the Navy working at Moffett Field in Norther California.

Sounds like quite the woman. I'm sure your proud and it shows in your description of her. Sounds like she lived a full life. Condolences.

Bill

Remember her always, Mike, and then she'll never have left you.

Mikey,

My prayers are with you and your family during this tough time. You should be damn proud of your parents!

My mother didn't wear army boots (and she doesn't). She was bare foot most of the time helping my Grandfather run their farm....

Michael, I hope you and your family find peace and celebrate your Mom. My sincerest condolences.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Sorry for your loss Mike. My Dad is in a similar condition, he is alive but the mind is going.

fd

Mike,

You mom sounds like quite a woman. I am sorry for your loss and will keep you & the family in our prayers.

Back