• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

1967 Shelby GT500

Two coats of clear. I will wet sand and add more clear.

160.jpg

162.jpg

164.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yesterday afternoon I sprayed the base and this morning clear

165.jpg

166.jpg

The body is now green with 2 coats of clear. The owner want's white stripes but I think it looks richer without stripes and I'm trying to talk him out of stripes. My camera does not take very good pictures in the booth it almost looks black.

172.jpg

173.jpg

174.jpg

Fenders are ready to be wet sanded and buffed after spraying 6 coats of SPI Universal clear.

177.jpg

I....WANT....THIS..... Seriously, that is beautiful. What color green is that? I just recently found out that my Rustang, which is Red right now, was originally green. Found that out when I took out the dash/windshield in preparation for cowl removal. I want it green again.

That is very nice! It's going to be a great car.

Are you using the flash on your camera in the booth? There's enough light in there already. You'll get better pictures if you turn the flash off.

Doug

Wet sanded with 400 ready for stripes and more clear

183.jpg

We finally found the time to start working on the Shelby stripes

189.jpg

195.jpg

196.jpg

197.jpg

Couldn't talk the owner out if the stripes huh.
Car looks awesome so far. Threads like this make me hate my car.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

"dodgestang" said:
Takes a brave soul to paint stripes on individual pieces.
Yes it does, don't look at my car too close. The stripes are off a bit in the back.

I sprayed the nose a few days ago

205.jpg

Body taped ready for stripes

207.jpg

Sprayed the white

208.jpg

Today I finished spraying the clear on the body

214.jpg

215.jpg

Rolled it out in the sun to let the paint job settle before we start wet sanding and buffing

216.jpg

Hmmm...I've always heard that putting a newly painted car out in bright sunlight is not good for the paint...

"Midlife" said:
Hmmm...I've always heard that putting a newly painted car out in bright sunlight is not good for the paint...

Not according to Barry the owner of SPI. He says to put it in the sun for a couple of days wet sand and than back in the sun to get all the solvents out and it will buff easier.

Back