1. Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

1970 Boss 302 Street/Touring Build Blog

Discussion in 'Member's Build Threads' started by swpruett, Jun 26, 2012.

1. swpruett

swpruett Member

I have the Street or Track Bilstein Coilover kit going in the front. Coilovers all 'round! :thu

2. Shaun

Shaun Member

Sven,

You won't sell any, EVERYbody is going to use my 3-Link. HA! :pbj

3. swpruett

swpruett Member

And if timing was more aligned on my project, you'd have likely sold a kit to me and I wouldn't have anything to b*tch about! What fun would THAT be? :beer

4. gretschem

gretschem New Member

Interesting blog... I like the turbine hvlp set-up. And your rotisserie is very well made. Awesome...

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

5. buening

buening Active Member

Hey did you figure out your aluminum radiator situation? I recall discussing it with you via PM on the VMF awhile back.

6. swpruett

swpruett Member

I pretty much landed on a radiator very similar to what you have and will be doing a Taurus fan as well. I am noodling on how to do a hidden radiator mount system to keep things cleaner. Installation is a long way off so I have some time to figure everything out.

Sure appreciate the tips you shared!

7. swpruett

swpruett Member

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That rear housing is a thing of beauty!

9. Shaun

Shaun Member

Looking awesome Sven. How are you baking your powder?

10. swpruett

swpruett Member

Thanks very much Mark! It sure didn't start that way! :hide

11. swpruett

swpruett Member

Shaun,

I built a microprocessor controlled powder oven about 5 years ago to do all of my (mostly) custom motorcycle and bike powder work in-house. It sits just to the left of my powder booth in the pics. Kinda looks like a galvanized phone booth! Reminds me that I need a MUCH bigger shop!

12. Shaun

Shaun Member

We could ALL do with a bigger shop, they are never big enough!

13. Midlife

Midlife Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

+1000 square feet.

14. swpruett

swpruett Member

15. swpruett

swpruett Member

16. swpruett

swpruett Member

17. swpruett

swpruett Member

Tackled some small rust repair work on the rear wheel opening that was well hidden. Glad I caught this before moving on or it would have bitten me down the road! The lesson learned is never assume the metal underneath the factory seam sealer is good!

http://1970boss302.blogspot.com/2012/11 ... epair.html

1970 Boss 302 -
    http://1970boss302.blogspot.com/
    1956 Thunderbird
    1988 Mustang Hatchback - NHRA Super Pro

18. Dne'

Dne' Active Member

What a nicely put together blog! You do awesome work :bowdown! I love that little paint booth you were painting your rear axle in! It was a mini paint booth?
    dne'

19. swpruett

swpruett Member

Dne',

Thanks very much for your kind words. The paint booth is actually a powder coating booth I built several years ago to go along with my powder oven that sits just to the left of it. I do a fair bit of custom powder coating on motorcycles and hot rods in-house, and the booth became a necessity. It's even been known to see a little wet paint now and again and works pretty good for that too! :thu

Thanks again!

20. swpruett

swpruett Member