• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

1980 Bobcat update

we have discussed that! I think it could happen.
I recommend Heatshield Products !! Ive put several of their products on my restomod and the fit, finish and quality is there. Cant comment about how well they perform but from what Ive read I have high expectations.

I think mach1mark is right--cut down on the bumpers sticking out--neat little cars, I did several factory recalls on the gas tanks when I worked at ford dealer back then--might check if there is a plastic shield on the back of the tank, supposed to stop sparking in rear collisions--cragar made a keystone style chrome 4 bolt rim for those back in the day.

Pull that header off and get it powdercoated. It doesn't cost much at all and it will last forever (well, long time anyway). I have a guy up here that would do it for about $50. Maybe less. Would have to ask. He did my set of old USED headers in the typical "silver" finish and they turned out great. He blasts them to metal and then puts on the finish.

Back