1. Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

1980 Bobcat update

Discussion in 'Non Mustang General Discussion' started by tarafied1, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Mach1Mark

Mach1Mark Ramrod extraordinaire Donator

I recommend Heatshield Products !! Ive put several of their products on my restomod and the fit, finish and quality is there. Cant comment about how well they perform but from what Ive read I have high expectations.

tarafied1 likes this.
  2. tarafied1

tarafied1 Well-Known Member

I think that's why he wants the older front clip, the bumpers are small like classic Mustangs...
    cbd867b75415d17664ef25dd8fac648e.jpg

3. Mach1Mark

Mach1Mark Ramrod extraordinaire Donator

Remove the bumperettes and that would be a great look !!

tarafied1 likes this.
  4. 3175375

3175375 Well-Known Member

Nice! Love that Bobcat Squire!

tarafied1 likes this.
  5. blu67

blu67 Well-Known Member

That project is on its way! Nice job!

Shave it and paint it!

tarafied1 likes this.
  6. rbohm

rbohm Active Member

your project makes me long for my old 80 pinto hatchback. it was the rallye version.

tarafied1 likes this.
  7. tarafied1

cool! It seams much like everyone having a Mustang story, we find a lot have a Pinto story!

8. flysure100

flysure100 Member

I think mach1mark is right--cut down on the bumpers sticking out--neat little cars, I did several factory recalls on the gas tanks when I worked at ford dealer back then--might check if there is a plastic shield on the back of the tank, supposed to stop sparking in rear collisions--cragar made a keystone style chrome 4 bolt rim for those back in the day.

9. tarafied1

agreed

10. Horseplay

Horseplay Well-Known Member

Pull that header off and get it powdercoated. It doesn't cost much at all and it will last forever (well, long time anyway). I have a guy up here that would do it for about $50. Maybe less. Would have to ask. He did my set of old USED headers in the typical "silver" finish and they turned out great. He blasts them to metal and then puts on the finish.

tarafied1 likes this.
  11. rbohm

rbohm Active Member

12. tarafied1