• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

2012 Hot Rod Power Tour

Larry G

I saw a shit load of real nice car, OH and I also saw AntiEleanor of Jerry Coleman. Can't miss it. Thanks

Kats66Pny

For the whole album (141 pics) -
http://s904.photobucket.com/albums/ac24 ... ur%202012/

GroupShot.jpg

IMG_5348.jpg

IMG_5347.jpg

I knew instantly who these two were! Sluggo doing his Horatio impression.
IMG_5310.jpg

IMG_5317.jpg

Best part of the day! Ok 2nd best. First was meeting everyone. :thu
IMG_5360.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Sluggo

I had a great time. It was great meeting those I have not previously met.

I wish I had AC in the 69. :rant

tarafied1

we just checked into a hotel East of Memphis, drove 591 miles today. Only about 4 1/2 hours from home. It will be an easy drive tomorrow. Saw lots of other Power Tour cars on their way home. In fact we have a few at this hotel!

It was a blast this year even though I wasn't feeling well Wednesday and my wife overheated Friday. I really enjoyed Thursday and Friday nights with a bunch of Fixer's eating and hanging out. Larry was a great driving partner all the way and I hope he goes again next year!
I will upload more pics when I get home.
Spoke a bit with Jerry this morning, while he was bummed about being DQ'd he was in great spirits and glad he had been asked to try and qualify. Him and his brother, wife and maybe even his daughter who was very sick made the whole trip too and seamed to enjoy it a lot.

so you guys who didn't make it this year, start planning for next year!

tarafied1

Just tallied my gas receipts. We went 3,070 miles, averaged 14.4 mpg and spent $891.62 in gas. We ran 93 octane (except in Oklahoma, where I could only find 91 and had to add 104 Octane booster). That was an additional $40.00
Not too bad. I think I averaged 16 mpg with the 2.50 gears last year.

RapidRabbit

Donator
Holy cow Craig. That's a big gas bill.
I kept telling my wife we might as well have been on the power tour last week. We put 1300 miles on our rental car on 7 days just driving around Florida and south Carolina.
The power tour would have been a hell of a lot more fun, for me anyway.

Larry G

I'm still on the PT although it's not the official PT. We arrived in Nashville yesterday and having a good time,we'll be heading back north tomorrow.

tarafied1

"RapidRabbit" said:
Holy cow Craig. That's a big gas bill.
I kept telling my wife we might as well have been on the power tour last week. We put 1300 miles on our rental car on 7 days just driving around Florida and south Carolina.
The power tour would have been a hell of a lot more fun, for me anyway.
we budgeted a $1000, thankfully gas prices are down a little. 1,300 miles in a rental car is a lot.

tarafied1

Have a safe trip home Larry!
Oh the Hot Rod reunion is in Bowling Green KY this weekend if you haven't had enough car shows!