• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

2012 Hot Rod Power Tour

tarafied1

This year the HRPT ended in Detroit. They announced that 2012 would start in Detroit and end in Arlington TX at the new stadium. We have a lot of SFer's that could join in or at least hit some of the cities along the way. They haven't announced the stop for each day yet but the tour is always the first week of June. I hope a bunch of us can get together on the tour!

Attachments

• SF Map.JPG
    102.2 KB · Views: 214
I'm in. At least that's what I'm shooting for. I'm in the process of installing my A/C right now. I know it's gonna be HOT.

"tarafied1" said:
you better get her back together then!

She WILL be back on the road no later than Oct 8th this year.. but she won't look pretty. If I'm lucky she'll be done, painted and all by next June. :thu

Well Kats than if your lucky and have it finished by June you'll be able to do some of the PT because it starts in Detroit June 2nd. and will be Arlington June 8th.

I live in Bryan.. a few hours south of Arlington... I'm only going to show up in Arlington. Maybe 2013 if the tour starts closer.... :roll

"Kats66Pny" said:
I live in Bryan.. a few hours south of Arlington... I'm only going to show up in Arlington. Maybe 2013 if the tour starts closer.... :roll

It typically starts where it ended the previous year, sooo, 2013 should be starting in Arlington...

Well you know I'm planning on it. We should be able to get a lot SF members next year. :thu

Since it starts in Detroit, we are going to take the ferry across lake Michigan and start at the beginning. :steer
Not sure how far we will make it, but I would love to go for the long haul. have to wait and see.

:pbj :beer :pbj :beer :pbj :beer :pbj :beer

"RapidRabbit" said:
Well you know I'm planning on it. We should be able to get a lot SF members next year. :thu

Since it starts in Detroit, we are going to take the ferry across lake Michigan and start at the beginning. :steer
Not sure how far we will make it, but I would love to go for the long haul. have to wait and see.

:pbj :beer :pbj :beer :pbj :beer :pbj :beer
I really hope we can get a bunch of us together! You know if you have any problems there will be plenty of help. And hey, if I can drive a big block Mustang with no overdrive or AC you guys can make it!

Just sharing a little of my fuel consumption info for reference.
We used only 93 octane premium brand name (BP, Citco, Shell, etc.) My fuel gauge is off a bit so when tank is full gauge reads F but at a 1/4 tank on gauge, it's still about 1/2 full. Wife didn't like to see gauge get below 1/4 so that's why we stopped a lot. Anyway, you can see what MPG, distance per fillup, total distance, etc. We drove 3,347 miles total round trip and averaged 14 mpg with the 2.50ish junkyard 9" diff. Not bad for a 429 with no OD. We averaged about 112 miles between fillup's, and just over $31 each time and about $4 per gallon.
index.php

Attachments

• 2011 HRPT fuel info.JPG
    12.7 KB · Views: 202
Let me finish what I was saying.
Wow you sure stopped a lot for fuel but I did notice not that many miles between stops. My gauge reads about what your's reads, that's one of the things on my list for the off season( have to get some adjustment tips from west coast Craig).

"Larry G" said:
Wow you sure did make alot of girl stops, but
yes, I knew we could go further on each tank but she didn't want us to run out of gas and she is a worrier. She watched that gauge like a hawk!
Some of the real short stops were fill up's in the morning before we hit the trail even if I still had 3/4 or 1/2 tank. I didn't mind the frequent stops in the south because it was so freakin' hot! It was nice to go in the gas station and get a drink or something.

On average I was putting just under 8 gallons per fill up into a 16 gallon tank. I tried to convince her we could run it all the way to empty and go a little further between stops. Anyway, I didn't mind really because we only drove about 200 to 275 miles each day so that was typically one fill up in the morning and another about half way each day.

Yeah I know what you mean, after about 50 miles I'm ready to get out and stretch. I need some better seats, but they're not on my list. Yet

Back