• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

2012 Hot Rod Power Tour

Craig, Have you made any of your reservations yet or are you waiting for all the stops to be announced? I've been reading the forums on the PT and a lot of people have made their reservations already, some go as far as to make guesses as to where the tour will stop and make reservations there, :confu pretty funny.
I still haven't decided if I'm doing the complete tour yet but I'll be there for the start at least. I'll also be traveling alone as my wife will still be working, but I'll look for a copilot if I do the Long Haul and I have A/C. :yah

I think I'll ride with you Larry!
I do have all the stops that have been announced booked. I travel a lot and have lots of hotel points so my wife has been picking hotels that we can use our points for, so we aren't always at the host hotels.

There is no way in hades I am going to miss this. I can't do the long haul but I will atleast drive up to Arlington so Craig, you have to drive your pony. I have to see it!

"Kats66Pny" said:
There is no way in hades I am going to miss this. I can't do the long haul but I will atleast drive up to Arlington so Craig, you have to drive your pony. I have to see it!
the car WILL be there, (maybe Larry will trade driving duty?!?) JK! I love my car even if it has no AC. Waffles is sending me some AC parts so maybe, just maybe I will have AC too... I have survived the last two years without it on the tour, one more won't hurt

Re: Re: 2012 Hot Rod Power Tour

"tarafied1" said:
the car WILL be there, (maybe Larry will trade driving duty?!?) JK! I love my car even if it has no AC. Waffles is sending me some AC parts so maybe, just maybe I will have AC too... I have survived the last two years without it on the tour, one more won't hurt

I'll swap rides with you Craig. Of course I only have natural (top down) AC.

"RapidRabbit" said:
I'll swap rides with you Craig. Of course I only have natural (top down) AC.
that could be fun too! I just have 2/55 AC now

Craig,
I live 45 minutes from Stillwater ! Let me know a day before you arrive. If you need any parts or tools please just let me know

I will meet you there.

"ClassicRecreations" said:
Craig,
I live 45 minutes from Stillwater ! Let me know a day before you arrive. If you need any parts or tools please just let me know

I will meet you there.
AWESOME! we will be sure to stop and see you!!! thanks!!! :thu :wor

"LSTCUP" said:
why did I read this :shrug

I guess the hotels/motels get booked up? sounds like a blast!

Because you know you want to come.

The hotels aren't usually too booked up in all the areas. I booked all my hotels last year in may, I think. There are plenty of options besides what the power tour group reserves.

"RapidRabbit" said:

The hotels aren't usually too booked up in all the areas. I booked all my hotels last year in may, I think. There are plenty of options besides what the power tour group reserves.
he's right, there are usually plenty of hotel options. Once you go, you will be addicted! I promise!!! We did one stop in 09 and then the full thing in 2010 and 2011 and will do 2012 too. I love of it!!!

"RapidRabbit" said:

I do the first leg and get hooked I can roll into town without a reso and find a room? commitment is my problem, you know I'll be there till the end... then drive back to Canada from Texas :guns

what hotels are the stangfixers booking in regards to the HRPT

"LSTCUP" said:
I do the first leg and get hooked I can roll into town without a reso and find a room? commitment is my problem, you know I'll be there till the end... then drive back to Canada from Texas :guns

what hotels are the stangfixers booking in regards to the HRPT

I don't know if you could just get a room on the spot. But most hotels if you book directly you can cancel up to 24 hours before the stay. Or you can just sleep in Craigs car. I'm sure he wouldn't mind. :roll

I didn't make it last year and had to cancel all my reservations at the last minute because I didn't get my car done in time. Which caused a major depression and I stopped working on my car for the last 6 months. I figured it was better to have a Reservation and cancel it then to try to find a hotel at the last minute.

I haven't booked anything for next year yet, waiting to see the final stops and not sure if we will be moving before June so I may have to alter my plans. :hide

In 2010 we had a room booked in Bowling Green. When we got there our reservation was screwed up and they didn't have a room. We tried several hotels in Bowling Green and were SOL. Fortunately we live close to Bowling Green so we just went home that night. If we didn't have that option I would have been really pissed.
If you don't make reservations you may have to stay pretty far from the host city. That would be okay but you will find that in the evening you can really relax and have a beer and hang out with a hotel full of gearheads and BS and look at the cars. It cools off at night and people do burn outs or the girls get frisky, you know what I mean. The hotel stops are sometimes more fun than the venue itself!

"tarafied1" said:
you will find that in the evening you can really relax and have a beer and hang out with a hotel full of gearheads and BS and look at the cars. It cools off at night and people do burn outs or the girls get frisky, you know what I mean. The hotel stops are sometimes more fun than the venue itself!

Actually that starts for Craig at the stops, he doesn't wait for the hotel:

index.php

Oh yeah, he my baby daddy.....

"RapidRabbit" said:
But most hotels if you book directly you can cancel up to 24 hours before the stay.

doh! so lets start a list of recommended hotels for each stop and book'em!

Back