• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

2013 Hot Rod Power Tour!

FYI

During the first day, when we turn onto 69 from 80 (in Mineloa), there is an "EZ Mart" gas station. It always has the lowest price and great restrooms. It was $3.219 last weekend. They told me that they would be getting their supply Saturday night to be ready for the tour on Sunday.

If your reading this then your invited to a pre HRPT gtg at my house. 6-8 Friday evening. Come hungry and bring your car. Pm for address.

There is a lot of car happenings Saturday. Cars and Coffee early, HRPT all afternoon till 7:00, then it's Forest Lane Cruise night. (Forest & Marsh area)

Jerry

Will be there with Julie. See y'all tonight! Going to grease the front suspension this morning. And recheck everything.

"tarafied1" said:
so how many of you guys are going to participate in the Burn-out Record attempt?
http://blogs.hotrod.com/can-we-set-a-world-record-at-hot-rod-power-tour-2013-54921.html#ixzz2UiM2IqjJ

Not me, I don't want to risk breaking something 1,200 miles from home! Today was the first day and it was hot as sin and twice as humid. Lots of free swag and a ton of cars! Mild traffic on the way in. tonight a "cold front" is coming through and tomorrows drive will be pleasant compared with today.

yeah, I bet a lot of people will not want to risk breaking something on the last day.
It's humid here too, in fact raining now. I hope the weather gets better, that's the only thing I didn't really like (since we don't have AC).

I spent 3 hours at the tour starting point today just checking out the cars and exhibits. It is way up there on my list of most cool car events I have been. Good and safe travels to all my friends on the tour.

Thanks, We're in Texarkana now. It was a real nice drive, low humidity and heat. Tomorrow, Little Rock

some pictures the gang posted on FB (Wish I was there!), hope yawl don't mind!
960221_3197811119622_1735049737_n.jpg

943267_3195493781690_327404608_n.jpg

576786_3195491221626_258944594_n.jpg

480188_520321611337396_245092012_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The 2013 Hot Rod Power Tour is just about over, tomorrow will be the Long Hauler get together and we'll all be heading to our homes till next year.
Pat (Rapid Rabbit) you better keep working on your car and get it driving, The HRPT is coming your way.

Re: Re: 2013 Hot Rod Power Tour!

"Larry G" said:
The 2013 Hot Rod Power Tour is just about over, tomorrow will be the Long Hauler get together and we'll all be heading to our homes till next year.
Pat (Rapid Rabbit) you better keep working on your car and get it driving, The HRPT is coming your way.

I'm working on it. If it starts in NC next year I may even be there.

Interesting. That's about an hour and a half south west of me. Huge waterpark area. It would be pretty packed in june with families. Although most of the schools let out right at the end of the first week in June.

I'm planning to go to charlotte next April for the 50th celebration. Not sure I could do that plus the power tour next year. Have to wait and see.

It was a real bummer not to be able to do the "Long Haul" with John and Larry, and bummer that Jerry couldn't go all the way. We did enjoy a couple days together. SO much fun, I am going to do everything I can to make sure I can do the long haul next year!!!
936664_10200191330851569_849017871_n.jpg

Back