• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

2014 Hot Rod Power Tour

janschutz

Corn Hauler
I thought that we would not be going due to different family events but Julie's family wants to go next year. Looks like We might be going for at least a few legs.

Who else might interested in going?

tarafied1

The wife and I are planning to go. If nothing unexpected pops up we plan to do the full route. But you all know how that goes!

RapidRabbit

Donator
Well if it ends up in the dells, I will come down for the end of course. It's only a few hours from me. May not be in the mustang, but I would still meet up with everyone.

tarafied1

"RapidRabbit" said:
Well if it ends up in the dells, I will come down for the end of course. It's only a few hours from me. May not be in the mustang, but I would still meet up with everyone.
Cool!

windsoto

Made all of my hotel reservations tonight. :yah :nwort
Looks to only be about 2500 miles round trip - much shorter than the event in 2013.

Hopefully SWMBO will be in good health next year. This year we barely made it - she wasn't feeling good and got back in time to find out she needed an immediate triple bypass and a heart valve repaired.

We are both looking forward to next year's trip. Should have the new carb and intake installed and working great.

Larry G

Where did you make your reservation, the venues haven't been announced yet. Or have they?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

janschutz

Corn Hauler
FYI
June 7 CONCORD, NC
June 8 KNOXVILLE, TN
June 9 CHARLESTON, WV
June 10 NORWALK, OH
June 11TBA?? maybe South Bend, IN or Indianapolis
June 12 BETTENDORF, IA
June 13 WISCONSIN DELLS, WI? ( TBA on the last list)

6t6red

How many of you are going to make it to Norwalk, ohio? It will probably be at summit raceway in Norwalk. I live about 30 mins. from there and it would be great to meet up sometime that evening maybe.

Larry G

I'll be driving the entire route if all goes will between now and then. Been looking forward to it since I finished this years PT.

tarafied1

"Larry G" said:
I'll be driving the entire route if all goes will between now and then. Been looking forward to it since I finished this years PT.

cool, me too!

Larry G

Craig, you making your hotel reservations any time soon? I'm gonna look at making mine tomorrow.

tarafied1

Larry I usually try to use my points to keep the cost down. I don't know if I have saved up enough yet to do too many. Let me know where you pick though and I can try yo match them or at least close by. I typically stay in Holiday Inn or Hilton chains.

tarafied1

made hotel reservations, some may change as my wife maximizes my points but here is the tentative reservations:
6/7 - Hampton Inn Concord/Kannapolis
6/8 - Hilton Knoxville
6/9 - HIE Charleston-Civic Center
6/10 - Hampton Inn Sandusky/Milan
6/11 - Hampton Inn Merrillville
6/12 - Hampton Inn & Suites Moline-Quad City Int’l Aprt
6/13 - HIE Wisconsin Dells Parkway South