• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

39 and going to do what I want.

Good going Duane, congrats! Won't Sanborn be overjoyed......even MORE cops at MBB!!! LOL

Never ever forget this my friend, your #1 priority above all else is going home safe every day!

p.s. Don't sweat starting at 39. While I started at 36 (Feds), I didn't start local LE until I was 40....it's never too late!

Impressive, dude. Few would have tried and even less reached the goal. Maybe you aren't really the douche' everyone says you are. :hide

Enjoy the new career and stay safe.

"Ponyman66" said:
Never ever forget this my friend, your #1 priority above all else is going home safe every day!

You know, we had a good class. Ranked #1 in the State. Extra work, top notch instructors, etc. A lot of backgrounds. One thing I will give every single instructor, they sincerely drilled this into us. No matter how serious they were, funny they were, whatever, they drilled this into us. One guy's tag line was even, "I will ass out of a situation any day if it means I get to go home".

"Horseplay" said:
Maybe you aren't really the douche' everyone says you are. :hide

Nah, some things never change.

Thanks guys. It was always one of those things I talked about and the events over the past year allowed me to go for it. Talked a lot with the wife about starting over both career wise and money wise but threw all that out the window. I can tell ya, she's supportive as hell.

"Ponyman66" said:
Won't Sanborn be overjoyed......even MORE cops at MBB!!! LOL

He shall not worry about "more cops". He should worry about that tazer I will bring along. About the time he's wailing into his 3rd song...

"blue65coupe" said:
He shall not worry about "more cops". He should worry about that tazer I will bring along. About the time he's wailing into his 3rd song...

h3FF4FCC8

Congrats!

I have a friend from Krav that basically did the same thing. Got tired of working at the family paint / body shop and finally got on as on officer in Hobbs, New Mexico of all places.

Remember to be like Barney Fife and always keep a couple bullets in your pocket just in case you need them.

Your first duty is to patronize the local Krispy Kreme outlet and down a half-dozen doughnuts. Your assignment is to also harass the manager: inspect the property and payroll accounts for any anomalies...

Back