• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

4 Paws -n- A Tale online store is LIVE

Uhhhh, but wait! What on earth is that on the carpet in the bottom picture? Maybe it should be captioned as "Thanks Uncle Mark for helping me relieve that hairball"

"cmayna" said:
Uhhhh, but wait! What on earth is that on the carpet in the bottom picture? Maybe it should be captioned as "Thanks Uncle Mark for helping me relieve that hairball"

READ THE THREAD, old timer!

"silverblueBP" said:
Just received this note from Sheldon's Rabbit:

"Even though you threatened to eat me for diner I still like your treats...

Sincerely,

Rex the Rabbit"

Well, I'm sorry about that Rex, some treats are on their way!

He loves the stuff.

He finished one bag and is starting in on the second one. Figured I better order him some more before we run out.

I threatened to shoot and eat him myself yesterday though....yesterday morning he was locked up in his cage because the maids were coming to clean. He was pissed about being in his cage so I let him out when I went home at lunch but forgot to make sure they closed the doors upstairs. We are still working on his wire chewing habit so there are certain rooms he's not allowed in.

Anyway, he got in the workout room / extra bedroom upstairs and hid under the futon. I was due back at work and was getting pretty irritated with him after five to ten minutes of trying to chase him out from under there.

"SELLERSRODSHOP" said:
lucy, but she also answers to "monkey butt"...

The alleged "dog" we have is a Pomeranian that is older than dirt. Wife had him before we got married. He's basically a mindless fuzzy rat far as I'm concerned.

At this point he probably is more likely to answer me if I call him "f-ing mutt" then to his actual name.

He's about 17 years old and sort of wishing he'd die off already. Really want to get the boys a lab or a boxer :roll

I can certainly tell how much you love your Hors d'oeuvre dog!

That's what Great Dane owners call the little dogs!

Ok Mr. Pet shop guy, I got a question. What toy can I give a +100# Weimaraner who eats anything? He destroyed every toy he's ever gotten within 10 minutes. We stopped giving him those chew rope things because he'd beat you to death with it, squeak toys get gutted and the squeaker mangled. So far the only thing we found that he can't tear up is a cart tire.

And he's not bright either. This morning, he stuck his face in an ant bed.......three times.

"Gigantopithecus" said:
Ok Mr. Pet shop guy, I got a question. What toy can I give a +100# Weimaraner who eats anything? He destroyed every toy he's ever gotten within 10 minutes. We stopped giving him those chew rope things because he'd beat you to death with it, squeak toys get gutted and the squeaker mangled. So far the only thing we found that he can't tear up is a cart tire.

And he's not bright either. This morning, he stuck his face in an ant bed.......three times.
Just my .02....the Large Nylabone should give him a run for the money. My guy's haven't even made a dent in theirs and they chew 'em like crazy.

"70 StangMan" said:
Just my .02....the Large Nylabone should give him a run for the money. My guy's haven't even made a dent in theirs and they chew 'em like crazy.

Winner!

The large Nylabones are great for dogs with adult teeth (not puppies). The regular looking bones and the Galileos work best. I also carry elk & deer antlers. They're great, long lasting, don't smell or splinter, just calcium. All you see is powder. My local Vet LOVES them!

Another product (while a bit pricey) are Goughnuts. They are hard rubber and great chew toys, but not all dogs seem to like them. They have a lifetime warranty from the manufacturer (small business). They have a red inner core and if you ever see it, return it to the manufacturer for a FREE replacement (you have to pay for the shipping).

There you go, those are the 3 items I recommend for hard chewers. All of these are available on my website and probably locally at a specialty pet store.

Soft toys are not for chewing, they're used for interaction play with dogs. Never leave a soft toy alone with a dog. Soft toys + unsupervised dog = emergency vet visit!

http://4pawsnatale.com/xcart/product.php?productid=17630&cat=251&page=1
or
http://4pawsnatale.com/xcart/product.php?productid=17629&cat=251&page=1
or
http://4pawsnatale.com/xcart/product.php?productid=17631&cat=251&page=1
or
http://4pawsnatale.com/xcart/product.php?productid=17631&cat=251&page=1
or
Black or Maxx Goughnuts - [size=78%]http://4pawsnatale.com/xcart/product.php?productid=17615&cat=251&page=1[/size]

"silverblueBP" said:
I can certainly tell how much you love your Hors d'oeuvre dog!

That's what Great Dane owners call the little dogs!

German Shepherd owners call them "Crab bait"

Everyone knows there not a real dog unless they come up past your knees.

Good deal. We stopped giving Riley soft toys a while back. He started ripping them apart as soon as he got it. No warning, just stuffing everywhere within seconds.
Never thought about antlers before, might give that a shot along with the nylabone. Gotta find something for this bonehead.

"Gigantopithecus" said:
Good deal. We stopped giving Riley soft toys a while back. He started ripping them apart as soon as he got it. No warning, just stuffing everywhere within seconds.
Never thought about antlers before, might give that a shot along with the nylabone. Gotta find something for this bonehead.

If you want to try your "local" antlers, make sure they are sun bleached and then boil them to sterilize.

"RustyRed" said:
The alleged "dog" we have is a Pomeranian that is older than dirt. Wife had him before we got married. He's basically a mindless fuzzy rat far as I'm concerned.

At this point he probably is more likely to answer me if I call him "f-ing mutt" then to his actual name.

He's about 17 years old and sort of wishing he'd die off already. Really want to get the boys a lab or a boxer :roll
I suggest going ahead now with the acquisition of said boxer pup. The current occupant will serve as a good chew toy the boxer can utilize instead of your shoes, etc.

Actually, the boxer would be just fine with him. Your current dog would help greatly with the house-training, assuming of course he does well in this area. Much easier when there is a dog around to show the way.

Back