• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

69 Mustangs

tarafied1

I made a deal with Bill to get his two 69 Mustangs. We went Saturday and picked them up. My dad brought his F250 and heavy duty trailer and I brought my old Chevy. Bill, his son Jordan, my dad and my son Lucas made the trip to Eastern KY to get them. They are going to be my 17 year old son's project. The Mach 1 is way beyond saving but has few parts left that we can pick off. The green one is actually pretty solid. I put it in my dad's barn and took the Mach 1 home. Going to strip it down and cut the roof off. Then maybe keep the roof in my dad's barn in case I find a decent cheap 69/70 coupe?
1959511_10202019616757574_5612968139166145726_n.jpg

10277910_10202019618477617_7646326231754778197_n.jpg

1511377_10202019621077682_1763480566668604085_n.jpg

1978873_10202019462433716_1435472473508468540_n.jpg

1972504_10202019466513818_3767967312722299462_n.jpg

988454_10202019468953879_3931516410019392209_n.jpg

Make sure to cut the VIN plates out. If you want to get a dynacorn body you'll have a VIN for it.

Mel

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

"guruatbol" said:
Make sure to cut the VIN plates out. If you want to get a dynacorn body you'll have a VIN for it.

Mel

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
:whis
I will pretend I didn't hear that... but great idea! :thum

Or you can use them on the donor coupe

Sent from my RM-821_apac_australia_new_zealand_218 using Tapatalk

"B67FSTB" said:
Came that cute little thing with the stangs ??
that's my grand daughter!

"Fst Blk" said:
It was a good trip. Good to see the old Chevy made the trip back home ok.

Bill
yes, I was glad it made it home. Enjoyed the day with you and Jordan too

Which one are you building for your son? Im confused or are these just parts cars?

Eastern KY? I suppose to head out there in June lol

The red one is the parts car. The green one actually is builder quality. It may not look it from the pics, but it has really good inner structures. Frame rails front and rear are nice.

Craig, make sure you brace that roof up when you cut it loose. Remove the front door pillars from the rocker and the braces from the wheel tubs. Who knows, I might come across the right 69-70 coupe and need that to make a deal for that one day :whis

Bill

yep, the green one is salvageable but the red one is pretty far gone!
I can brace the roof with some 4x4 wood beams. Then I will haul it back to my dads barn and get the green one.

"tarafied1" said:
yep, the green one is salvageable but the red one is pretty far gone!
I can brace the roof with some 4x4 wood beams. Then I will haul it back to my dads barn and get the green one.

I wish I had thought it while you were at the house, I have some old metal swing set poles that would have been perfect bracing for that roof. I originally got them to use as braces, but never used them.

Bill

"Horseplay" said:
"JRANGER" said:
I have some 8ft rot iron posts if that works :)
Whats he supposed to do with rotten posts? :dun It's "wrought" iron, my man.

I am sure the car has enough rot in it, so they are just trying to match the metal....... :ns

Are you intending to transplant the Mach 1 roof on a coupe? The rear quarters of a SportsRoof are different than the coupe and convertible. The fastbacks have power bulges that make the rear chunkier looking. If that's what you are planning, it will look very odd when done without rear quarter transplants. Foose did a SportsRoof rear quarter transplant on a 69 convertible on one of his Overhaulin episodes and it look fantastic. The extra chunk in the rear gave the car a muscular look. And this from a guy who doesn't find J Lo or Kim K. attractive. :dun

"RagTop" said:
Are you intending to transplant the Mach 1 roof on a coupe? The rear quarters of a SportsRoof are different than the coupe and convertible. The fastbacks have power bulges that make the rear chunkier looking. If that's what you are planning, it will look very odd when done without rear quarter transplants. Foose did a SportsRoof rear quarter transplant on a 69 convertible on one of his Overhaulin episodes and it look fantastic. The extra chunk in the rear gave the car a muscular look. And this from a guy who doesn't find J Lo or Kim K. attractive. :dun

Just a roof swap. Afterwards would require full fastback quarters to complete.

This was just a by-product of the cars. The green one is the builder. The red one is basically scrap after removing the roof section for a MUCH later project I'm sure.

Bill

yeah Bill is correct. The red one, the Mach 1 is so wroughten :dun, that the only thing usable is the roof. And yes, if you put it on a coupe you would need Full quarters.
We had the guy load it with a fork lift and the only way I can get it off the trailer is to cut it up. It is really really rusty. I think it would rip apart trying to drag it off the trailer and it's not my trailer so I don't want to tear up the wood floor dragging it.

Back