• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

A bit of a teaser..(pics added)..

Yep, DMV knows us well......

Wife always complains that just as she gets comfortable with a car....I am looking again. This was really her idea though. We went into the dealer just looking for what was out there for buying in a few months. Then she sees one she likes and next thing I know, I am cleaning our stuff from one car to another....

Last night she commented.....you know, you could of had a '11 Shelby....... I said I know, but as our only car plus she needs to drive it, it would just be to much car. Gotta love her.......

I have also seen the stripes done with window tent.

The Skip Shift get on my last nerve also. You can turn it off with a Tuner like the SCT. I ordered my upgrade parts last week and had Chris @ Blow By Racing disable it when he wrote the tune for my car. Pete, Blow By Racing is in Flordia and Chris is one of the top tuners for the new cars in the country. Check them out great People and great Customer service. http://www.blowbyracing.com/

Yep, in Fl., just about as far away as you can get from me....lol Being in the panhandle sucks at times. I think the dealer in Baton Rouge may be closer. Have yet to decide on what I will do. We are ordering the hood scoop, 1/4 window scoops, and the tail light panel soon. Most likely from the local Ford dealer if the price is right.

I guess the way to avoid the skip shift is to just force myself to drive the car like I stole it.

"AzPete" said:
I guess the way to avoid the skip shift is to just force myself to drive the car like I stole it.

:wtf Your not already doing that LOL!! Yea better wait till you get 500 miles on it before you do that ..

Wait.....for what......haha....

The skip shift actually does not work at parking lot speeds......just if you shift at about 3000 rpm. Short shift first and second is a blast.

Well, on to find some body parts...

"Kats66Pny" said:
If I had that car... I would have already had at least 5+ speeding tickets.

Only if seen exceeding the limit......I cannot lie and say I have not done 65 in a 35........we will not admit to anything else. Those marks in the parking lot are not mine........

No wonder your back is jacked up...

unload024-1.jpg

Your farking upside down...

Oh crap.....will have to see a doc about that.....thanks for pointing that out for me.

Skip Shift? What the he!! is that? Someone explain that to me...I've never heard of it.

According to the book.....you take off easy in 1st and get to about 3000 rpm. The dash info center tells you to shift to 4th...skipping 2/3 altogether. It is a mpg thing. Now, according to the manual, it indicates that you can ignore the message and shift normal....I find that the car electrically locks out 2nd and 3rd. According to other postings in some forums, it does lock out the two gears and forces you into 4th. It is odd for sure.

If you shift earlier in the rpm or drive it a bit harder, there is no skip shift. A performance tune also deletes the option.

I am still screwing with it to see if I can not take the 4th gear if I don't want to.

Without knowing what is happening, it makes one think they cannot drive a manual.

From first at 3000 rpm (probably 30 mph) to fourth (1:1)? You gotta be kidding! I can't drive the 06 in fourth below 40 mph or it begins to lug.

5th is 1:1....got 6 total. It actually has good acceleration based on the way the computer manages the valve and cam timing. If ya got time Sat., I could let you take a look.....

For the 5.0L V8, shift according to the following chart:
Upshifts when accelerating (recommended for best fuel
economy)
Shift from (When not in skip shift mode):
1 - 2 17 mph (27 km/h)
2 - 3 25 mph (40 km/h)
3 - 4 40 mph (64 km/h)
4 - 5 45 mph (72 km/h)
5 - 6 50 mph (80 km/h)
Shift from (When skip shift mode active):
1-4 17 mph (27 km/h)
4-5 25 mph (40 km/h)
5-6 40 mph (64 km/h)

Still...from what you wrote, you're doing 25 mph in 5th gear (1:1) when you shift out of 4th! NFW!

A pox on the new six speed! I thought it was two overdrive gears, not 5 gears to get you to 1:1!

Well, it works shifting that way but is no fun. I was impressed at it's ability top pull from low speeds in the higher gears....except 6th. That shifting info is out of the manual...

2011 6 speed
1st 3.66
2nd 2.43
3rd 1.69
4th 1.32
5th 1.00
6th 0.65

The new 6 speed is totaly Bad ass. All the talk about the Skip shift might make you think other wise. I have the 3:73 rear gears in my car and just crusing around town I will usually row 1st to 3rd to 5th and grab 6th if Im on a long streatch of road going 55 or above, at 70 MPH on the freeway my car turns about 2100 rpm's in 6th gear and a down shift to 4th puts you in total Haul ass Mode for a quick pass. If your driving your car "Like You Stold it" the skip shift never even turns on so no effect on laying the smack down on the foo in the GM next to you. On the other hand as Pete has said just cruzing around town on Sunday you can skip gears and the car has plenty of power no lugging like my 91 5.0 would do in high gears at low speed. The transmission is fine but my tires have problems in the first 3 gears :roll

Mine has 3:55's in the back and I still have tire problems....also, gotta leave the traction button alone.

Back