• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Adios Amigos

abrahamfh

Good evening everyone, many of you know that my son lives in the Burbank area of Los Angeles and I have been trying for the last few months to move down to So-Cal to be closer to him. He is growing up fast and I need to be there for him way more than I am now.

I was able to find a job in Valencia(Santa Clarita) and will be starting work on May 9th. I have been working my patooty off moving everything to my folks house who have graciously offered to store our stuff and host us until I move everything down on the 6th to our new apartment with a one car GARAGE!!!! I borrowed my uncles trailer to move all our furniture super early in the AM on the 6th to be back in the SF Bay Area to pick up a flat bed trailer I rented in order to drive right back down again with the Wife and Fred in the evening.

Why the crazy one day move. I by court order am supposed to have my son the 7th from 8am to 8pm and would like the apartment to be presentable for my son to see that Dad has moved to be with him.

Fred will finally be everything that I have wanted, a Son/Father project.

I am filled with so many emotions. I am excited to be near my Son and be more a part of his life and be as close to being the Father I have always wanted to be for him to the best of my abilities. Also excited about the new job, should e interesting going through the new hire seminars and training on their process as well as trying to get to know my new co workers. I am scared due to not having any friends in the area and having no family south of San Jose California, well at least none until you get to Nayarit and Michoacan Mexico. I am sad, that I will miss my family and my friends who include the StangFix NorCal gang. You guys have helped me learn so much, not just about Mustangs but about being a good person, as well as helped me grow in soo many great ways except for what it comes to maturity. LoL! Even though I will be residing in SoCAL I will always be a part of the NorCAL gang for as long as they will have me. I only hope to bring with me the NorCal spirit to SoCal.

Hey Steve, when are we catching a Dodger game buddy?

crustycurmudgeon

Wow, that's great news for you and your son. I foresee trips to Magic Mountain (or whatever it's called nowadays). Are you moving to the Valencia area or closer to Burbank?

We'll definitely miss you, although you will be in a better position to go to the Knotts show, and MITM as well.

That sure is an ambitious driving schedule. Be safe!

Frank

abrahamfh

"Fast68back" said:
Congrats Abe! Your son will be excited now, he will appreciate it even more later in life....

Thank you.

I hope so, if not, I will always give him and do all that I can. I can die in peace knowing that.

abrahamfh

"crustycurmudgeon" said:
Wow, that's great news for you and your son. I foresee trips to Magic Mountain (or whatever it's called nowadays). Are you moving to the Valencia area or closer to Burbank?

We'll definitely miss you, although you will be in a better position to go to the Knotts show, and MITM as well.

That sure is an ambitious driving schedule. Be safe!

Frank

LoL, yeah, its still Six Flags Magic Mountain.

My Sons Mom has mentioned how much she wants Him to go to a school in Valencia, and so I narrowed my employment and living search to only the Valencia area.

I will miss you too Frank.

I have all this week off, if you have time to swing by, I would be more than happy to help with the battery apron repair.

B67FSTB

The NorCal dude from Belgium
Thats great news Abe .But you gonna have a busy and exhausting/tiresome weekend.
Keep it safe on the road !! :steer
Your son wants you in one piece.
When loading Fred on a trailer , keep the overall weight more to the trailer hitch.
Very important because the trailer can slide left to right on highway speeds.
If it happens , trottle loose , contra steer the movement and no brakes !! Only brief when the trailer lines up to the car .
Ask me how I know !! :hide :hide
You can put the engine and trans in fred and secure it with the four bolts it orig was.

Seeing your son more often will make the mis of NorCal gang easier.They are a bunch of old guys !! :stu
And you have Stangfix.What do you need more !!

I hope you adapt well in SoCal and keep us inform how things move.
I am sure everythings goes well.
B.

crustycurmudgeon

"abrahamfh" said:
I have all this week off, if you have time to swing by, I would be more than happy to help with the battery apron repair.

I think the apron replacement will have to wait. I don't have much time during the week and I don't want to start on something like that a week before you have to move.

Frank

blue65coupe

Awesome news man. I remember you talking about that a while back in chat and always wondered how it progressed. Congratulations. It will definitely be worth it.

nymustang

That's great news Abe! Congrats on the move and the job and spending more time with the little guy. He will appreciate that an awful lot in the future. You're just going to have to bring the NorCal hospitality down south with you. Good luck and drive safe man.

RapidRabbit

Donator
Congrats on the move and the new job Abe. Sounds like it will be a great move to be close to your son.

cmayna

DILLIGARA?
Donator
"Kats66Pny" said:
How exciting!! :yah I'm happy for ya!

Happy for him? :wtf

You should be more happy for us in getting rid of him. You'll never realize just how much I had to pay off his new boss just to hire him. :part

Yes grasshopper will be missed. He was so fun :shee

FordDude

Well-Known Dude
Staff member
"cmayna" said:
Happy for him? :wtf

You should be more happy for us in getting rid of him. You'll never realize just how much I had to pay off his new boss just to hire him. :part

Gee thanks NorCal, just want we need down here in the southland. :rant

You know that I am just kidding. Happy to have you down here in the southland Abe. :yah

fd

DEL65

Of The Morons
Although we're losing a sophisticated coupe-owner, you're moving for all the right reasons.

Best wishes on your next adventure. So-Cal ain't that far.

guruatbol

Always on vacation!
Congratulations Abe. You will like SoCal the weather is better and most of all your son is here.

So now norcal has two coupes, right?

Oh, due to a family emergency I am in SoCal right now.

Mel

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

KBMWRS

Welcome truth back
Donator
Dodgers?

Who are they? Oh the messed up franchise.

Abe.....you have been won over to the DARK SIDE. :wth There's a SoCal gang? really? :sarc