• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

advice needed

If it was me...I'd simply have a couple girls from the local H00ters drive your Mustangs to their new home. Look at all the fond memoirs you'd have.

"Teebone" said:
Fuquay-Varina right outside of Cary, It's in that research triangle area. About 25 miles from Raleigh.

Man that right down the road from me. I live in Clayton. Takes me about 30 min to get to Fuquay. As a matter of fact, that's where my car is right now getting blasted.

"Havok1" said:
Man that right down the road from me. I live in Clayton. Takes me about 30 min to get to Fuquay. As a matter of fact, that's where my car is right now getting blasted.

Hey cool..I am looking forward to meeting some new Mustang neighbors..we should be settled in by late March or early April..we just couldn't resist spending another cold, snowy and dreary winter in New England..

Are you sayin' that Vinny will live in Fuquay? No how much fun is that going to be to mispell and mispronuonce?

Vinny you have been warned. :vic :scar

"KBMWRS" said:
Are you sayin' that Vinny will live in Fuquay? No how much fun is that going to be to mispell and mispronuonce?

Vinny you have been warned. :vic :scar

Easy to pronounce..Few-quay...I think it's some kind of french word for the original town settler

Know the area well. I went to NCSU for a couple years. Head over to Hillsborough St right behind campus when you're in that area and have lunch at Char-grill. You'll be glad you did. Actually, just wait till the spring and go hang out on campus with your lunch. If it's like it was a "few" years ago, you'll want to visit "Tucker beach" on campus. Man I miss that place.

"Teebone" said:
Hey cool..I am looking forward to meeting some new Mustang neighbors..we should be settled in by late March or early April..we just couldn't resist spending another cold, snowy and dreary winter in New England..

You gotta be kidding me! Woohoo, Vinnie in NC. Fuquay is about 10 minutes from my house. If you need any help with anything or have questions about the area, let me know! :vic

"Teebone" said:
Easy to pronounce..Few-quay...I think it's some kind of french word for the original town settler

To respond to this with a common paraphrase for the town name, we would have to move this post to the VGOFL!

"caspian65" said:
You gotta be kidding me! Woohoo, Vinnie in NC. Fuquay is about 10 minutes from my house. If you need any help with anything or have questions about the area, let me know! :vic

Be careful. I hear Charles will mess up your car, then drink all your beer and leave. I have no problems keeping my hand off your car. :craz

"caspian65" said:
To respond to this with a common paraphrase for the town name, we would have to move this post to the VGOFL!
[/quot
Yep a strange name indeed, I started out looking in Cary, but found a house in Fuquay with a 4 car garage, how could I resist.

"Teebone" said:
Yep a strange name indeed, I started out looking in Cary, but found a house in Fuquay with a 4 car garage, how could I resist.

You can get more house for less as Fuquay is a little farther out than Cary. As long as you don't have a commute, doesn't really matter. Fuquay has pretty much everything you need and whatever you can't find there is only a 15-20 minute drive into Raleigh.

Keep in touch and let me know when you'll be down. We have a 100+ member Mustang club here locally, usually something going on with the car scene.

Vinnie,

Welcome to NC. You're west of me approx. 80-90 miles.

I own a heavy duty tow dolly that sits waiting 363 days out of the year for someone to use/borrow it. It's not one of the "new/cheap" car dollies. It appears to be an old rental unit that is "heavy duty". It's made the trip to New England and back a few times. You're more than welcome to use it for however long you'd need it.

Let me know if you're interested and I can probably meet you with it halfway between F/V and New Bern.

Dave

"daveSanborn" said:
Vinnie,

Welcome to NC. You're west of me approx. 80-90 miles.

I own a heavy duty tow dolly that sits waiting 363 days out of the year for someone to use/borrow it. It's not one of the "new/cheap" car dollies. It appears to be an old rental unit that is "heavy duty". It's made the trip to New England and back a few times. You're more than welcome to use it for however long you'd need it.

Let me know if you're interested and I can probably meet you with it halfway between F/V and New Bern.

Dave

Thanks Dave, I will keep that in mind. I am still undecided about taking the cars down myself or just have a shipper take all 4 at once..decisions..decisions..

"caspian65" said:
You can get more house for less as Fuquay is a little farther out than Cary. As long as you don't have a commute, doesn't really matter. Fuquay has pretty much everything you need and whatever you can't find there is only a 15-20 minute drive into Raleigh.

Keep in touch and let me know when you'll be down. We have a 100+ member Mustang club here locally, usually something going on with the car scene.

I won't be commuting so I am not concerned with the drive. I have good friends in Cary and they are looking after the house until we move in. They are also transplanted northeners.We are pretty excited about the move .I will keep in touch as we get closer, probably make the move late March or early April. Thanks for your offer to help, much appreciated

One other thing I failed to mention earlier.....

Towing an un-laden car dolly is one of the worst driving experiences you'll ever encounter. Without the weight of a vehicle on the dolly, the dolly literally "bounces" on the road behind you. Tow dollies do not have any suspension system on them. Hit a pot hole and the dolly will become airborne behind you. It's better not to look in your sideview mirror while towing an un-laden dolly. I'm not sure which part of CT you're coming from, but traversing the Cross Bronx Exp./GWB with an un-laden dolly (I've done it a few times) is NOT fun.

Additionally, the winter months down here are "wide open" for me. Without any yard work to keep me busy I sit around w/my thumbs up my butt until springtime. If there's anything I can assist you with on one of your "setting up stuff" visits, let me know and I'll shoot over to lend you a hand.

Well, Vinny, moving from the North to the South when you were a kid would make you a Carpet Bagger, wouldn't it?

Hehehehe..I just had to poke at you.

I love the camaraderie here. Same as the old place was. It is so cool to be able to get help when needed.

Your new place sounds great, did I miss the pics in another thread?

Mel

Back