• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

American Graffiti Car Show, Modesto CA, June 11-13, 2010

So whats the best....Friday night cruise or Saturday show?

I won't be staying just driving over for the day.

Hi Mike, if you can only do one day, I'd suggest the Saturday show.

Alternatively, feel free to drive out Friday evening after work. By the time you arrive, the cruise will be over. I'll have something planned for Friday nite, like a BBQ at my house or something.

John:

Sounds like fun. Any suggestions for a hotel for Friday night that is convenient to the venue as well as your place?

Regards, Jeff

Hi Guys, the show is at the Modesto JC's east campus. All places are 1 - 1 .5 miles and 5-7 minutes from the campus.

The Orangeburg motels are convenient. There's an excellent Mexican restaurant nearby called Damian's. Also a Sonic, IHOP, Denny's and Jack in the Box are all across the street.

SpringHill Suites, 1901 West Orangeburg. 209-526-2157. It's the newest and priciest in the area

Ramada Inn, 2001 West Orangeburg.209-521-9000. Not bad, I refer most people to this one.

Comfort Inn, 2025 West Orangeburg.209-544-2000. Same as the Ramada.

Courtyard-Modesto, 1720 Sisk, 209-577-3825, terrible, use only as a last resort and a little farther away from the JC.

The Doubletree has a parking garage across the street, so it's not car-friendly. The Best Western is downtown and not as close to the JC as the other places.

Here's the link to the sponsoring website, applications are not out yet. No worries, I'll let everyone know when they're available.

I'll plan on hosting dinner / poker at my house Fri night. Since the show runs Sat and Sunday, for the stragglers, I can host something Sat night too.

http://www.northmodestokiwanis.org/index.php?page=events

Bump. For the guys I spoke with at Knotts last weekend, here's the general info. I plan on hosting a get-together at my place after Friday night's cruise. More details to follow or post questions here.

"DEL65" said:
Bump. For the guys I spoke with at Knotts last weekend, here's the general info. I plan on hosting a get-together at my place after Friday night's cruise. More details to follow or post questions here.

John:

I'm registered for the show and have made hotel reservations for Friday night. Not sure exactly when I will be arriving in Modesto on Friday. I figure that it will take more than 90 minutes to get there, what with Friday traffic out of the Bay Area. Should have a better idea as we get closer to the date.

Regards, Jeff

OK, I'm going to hitch a ride with either Tom or Bill. I'm not going to bring a car, or register for the show, but I'll at least be there, and enjoying the festivities.

I am registered at the Springfield Suites Marriott.

Sorry to say that I will not be joining the festivities. So have an extra beer on the house.

Hi Craig, sorry to hear you can't make it.

Confirmed:
KBMWRS
JeffTepper
JohnPro
SacBill

Tentative:
SAC69
Crusty

I heard the local Chevy club may host a show & shine at a nearby diner after Friday night's 1 hour cruise/car parade. We can either have dinner at my place and/or head out there. Details to follow.

"JeffTepper" said:
I figure that it will take more than 90 minutes to get there, what with Friday traffic out of the Bay Area. Should have a better idea as we get closer to the date.

If you leave during rush hour, your drive may take a while. Going thru Fremont/Pleasanton/Livermore can be slow. If you can get off work early, the drive will be easier and you can relax at my place. OR you may want to take the 152 out here. It's a little longer, but at least you'll be moving faster.

Its a toss up. I'd be driving the '67 to work (Sunnyvale) if we go the northern route. If we head south to 152 not only does it add the mileage but also time. I would need to get from Sunnyvale to home to pick up the '67 (on the way). A good 45 minutes before we even get to 152.

"KBMWRS" said:
Its a toss up. I'd be driving the '67 to work (Sunnyvale) if we go the northern route. If we head south to 152 not only does it add the mileage but also time. I would need to get from Sunnyvale to home to pick up the '67 (on the way). A good 45 minutes before we even get to 152.

So Mike, when can you sneak out of work that day?

I'm looking at this, since it's only a 1.2 hour drive. If PowerGen gets me the 'generator' for the D-coder next week as promised (been on BO since Knott's), I'm good to go. I won't go unless I can take the car. Thanks for the heads up. I'll likely stay where John is staying, at the Springhill Suites.

"KBMWRS" said:
3:00 we should be able to be ahead of the traffic then.

Hi, if you are on the road at that time, you'll probably get caught in traffic thru Pleasanton. Also, to avoid the Tracy/Manteca traffic, you may want to take 580/5 south and 132 east into Modesto CA. It is a rural route with less traffic.

Back