• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

American Graffiti Car Show, Modesto CA, June 11-13, 2010

Well the wife and I got into Modesto yesterday afternoon and highway 99 stunk most the way up here.

What else do you think you will need for the pot luck?

So am I crazy for thinking about taking Hwy 152 east instead of 580? I'm starting in SJ and Google Maps says it adds about 30-35 miles to the trip, but I think it's still better than messing with the traffic on 680/580 and beyond.

Frank

"crustycurmudgeon" said:
So am I crazy for thinking about taking Hwy 152 east instead of 580? I'm starting in SJ and Google Maps says it adds about 30-35 miles to the trip, but I think it's still better than messing with the traffic on 680/580 and beyond.

Frank

Frank: Sorry I don't know the traffic patterns out that way, but there was a discussion on best routes from the Bay Area on page 1 of this thread. Hope that helps.

Look forward to seeing you and cracking a few Sierra Nevadas.

"Sacbill" said:
Frank: Sorry I don't know the traffic patterns out that way, but there was a discussion on best routes from the Bay Area on page 1 of this thread. Hope that helps.

Look forward to seeing you and cracking a few Sierra Nevadas.

Thanks, I've got a case of 'em in my trunk. :5

Frank

Hi Frank, if you're not on the road already, 580 to 580/I5 south to LA then 132 east into town. Call me with any questions. See you soon.

Del65,

Thank you and SWMBO for hosting the event Fri night with a great BBQ dinner and letting us crash the backyard. The cruise Fri evening was fun (except for the Greyhound bus belching smoke) and there was a great variety of cars Fri and Sat.

"SAC69" said:
Del65,

Thank you and SWMBO for hosting the event Fri night with a great BBQ dinner and letting us crash the backyard. The cruise Fri evening was fun (except for the Greyhound bus belching smoke) and there was a great variety of cars Fri and Sat.

+++1

Lots of fun and great company. Looking forward to next year. Hey, weren't there a bunch of pics (some of questionable taste!!) from this event??? Come on guys, post them up...........................

John:

+1 on the others' comments. Many thanks for hosting the BBQ, coordinating the events, picking up show registration packets, and for the hospitality of you and Tracey!

Thanks, too, for letting me break in that new grille. :ecit

Thanks to both John and Tracy for hosting the Friday night BBQ, and letting everyone use your house as home base for the weekend.

It was great to finally get to go to my first show of the year, even though I didn't have one of my cars there.

I didn't take a lot of pictures, and left my camera in the hotel room on Friday night.

Here's the few that I did take at the show. It was great to see everyone!!!!

170_13_06_10_10_23_04_0.jpg

170_13_06_10_10_23_04_1.jpg

170_13_06_10_10_23_05_2.jpg

170_13_06_10_10_23_05_3.jpg

170_13_06_10_10_23_05_4.jpg

170_13_06_10_10_24_07_0.jpg

170_13_06_10_10_24_07_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That Tbird could be my cars older brother. The paint color looks almost the same and he is sporting the same wheels as me. :ecit Thanks for sharing the pics.

"68EFIvert" said:
That Tbird could be my cars older brother. The paint color looks almost the same and he is sporting the same wheels as me. :ecit Thanks for sharing the pics.

That T-bird has a Boss 302 in it. On the side of the car it says "Boss Bird"

Back