• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

bad day...

steve if there is anything I can do for you when I get home let me know. Hope you are able to have at least a wonderful holiday

"sigtauenus" said:
Steve, any update on what happened? Is insurance covering it? Please say you were insured...

Insured or not...I think we should "pass the hat around" so to speak fbo Steve...

I am sorry to hear this horrible news. You're going to need a special white elephant gift indeed! Let us no how we can help.

Really sorry to hear this. Please let us know if we can help when you have had a chance to see what is salvageable.

thought i better take a min to pop in & give an update... first, i want thank all of you for your support. i've had numerous phone calls & emails over the past week or so since the "big event" to check & see how were doing & that always makes you feel good. after almost 10 days of solid work, i now have almost everything cleared from the building with the exception of a few pieces of equipment & the vehicles which i plan to complete today. most of the stuff was pitched outside, then seperated into piles for documentation for the ins claim, then moved again into "save" & "haul away" piles (the "haul away" is the largest). right now i'm on page 8 of a yellow legal pad documenting the contents & still have the two toolboxes to go thru. the fun part is looking up replacement value for some of this stuff, mainly the antiques.... hopefully, i'll have this squared away enough to start doing some work out at my dads to get some money coming in. had almost $3500 in income postponed on items i'll have to start all over with & redo.

on a positive note (i'm really trying to focus on those) most of my parts pile for the mustang survived. all the disc brake swap parts made it. i did lose my master & slave cyls. for the hydraulic clutch along with the new brake booster & pedal pads but that seems to be all. i'm not sure if the t-5 trans made it. the rear tailshaft seal cooked pretty good along with all the switches & wiring, but hoping the trans itself is o.k. internally.

hope you all have a HAPPY THANKGIVING today !!! :thu

Glad to hear you are in as good spirits as can be.

I was in shock when I read your post and I am glad that you, family and friends were not in the building when it all went down. Sounds like your making some good progress and taking all the proper steps to getting it all back to as close to normal as possible.

Let us know if there is anything any of us can do to help in any way shape or form.

I am sorry to hear about the fire. That is horrible but I am glad you are working through the claim process. What a pain in the arse and checkbook that would be! Let me know if there is something I can do to help out.

As so many have said "I'm sorry this happened to you." It's such a hassle and a PITA to clean up after this kind of crisis. Fortunately only "things" were lost and no person harmed.
Best of luck with insurance and recovery.
Joyce

Wow, I've been dealing with my own family emergencies, so I've been out of it for a while, just came across this thread, so sorry to hear about the fire. All I can add is that if you have business insurance, you may be able to collect for lost business, or for the value of services you performed prior to the fire. Good luck, hope it all works out. Keep the faith.

since its pouring rain right now & i can't do anything outside, i thought i better give an update. i now have everything except my truck cleared from the building & finishing up my "contents" list for the ins. co (on page 10 of a yellow legal pad). i'll be signing a contract today on the replacement building with the same co. who put the current one up in 97. with the exception of the building, i've been trying to find people who are slow at work, out of work or can use a little extra for the kids at christmas to do the other various things. i figure my misfortune is what it is, but if i can help out a few others, it will make it easier. thanks again for all the "well wishes".

"lethal289" said:
do you know what started the fire?

inspector said he thought it might have been something electrical up in the attic. said that was a guess since everything burned so bad he couldn't really tell exactly what it was.

Back