1. Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Boom's 68 fastback

Discussion in 'Member's Build Threads' started by Boom, Apr 28, 2017.

1. 67stang

67stang Active Member

Love your valve covers. Where did you get them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Boom

Boom Active Member

3. 67stang

67stang Active Member

4. Boom

Boom Active Member

Polished aluminum

5. Boom

Boom Active Member

Haven't posted much lately. I'm still getting situated at my new place. I did place an order to Gary with Vintage LEDs and got the full set for the car. They look very well made and arrived quickly and packed securely. http://www.vintageleds.com/

I also ordered a new custom dash bezel kit from Mustangs to Fear, still waiting on that one though.

6. B67FSTB

B67FSTB The NorCal dude from Belgium

I did convert my rear light to LED years ago . I did it only for safety reasons cause regular bulbs aren't bright enough and was scared someone would rearend me at some point.

7. Boom

Boom Active Member

I agree, that's the same reason I converted my coupe to LED years ago. There's so many distractions these days you need to make yourself be seen as much as you can.

8. Boom

Boom Active Member

I got the new MTF dash bezel in. It looks great. I'll get some pictures soon. They added a threaded stud for mounting instead of that plastic tube that you have to cut the stamped washer/nut onto.

Need to order some gauges now. Good thing Autometer has a sale till the end of the month.

9. B67FSTB

Show some pics cause I made one of myself but didn't finish yet !!

10. Boom

Boom Active Member

Here's some pictures of the new MTF dash bezel:

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Dne' and Grabber70Mach like this.
  11. B67FSTB

Are those bezels all stamped aluminium ?

12. Grabber70Mach

Grabber70Mach Well-Known Member

Nice[​IMG]

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

13. Boom

Boom Active Member

Thanks guys, they are molded plastic that is painted to look like brushed aluminum.

Grabber70Mach likes this.
  14. Boom

Boom Active Member

Went to test fit the new dash, there are a few trouble spots. Hopefully MTF can show me an easy way to fix the issues, maybe I'm doing something wrong.

I should be able to install the new tail light assemblies. Just got fresh foam pads in from NPD.

15. Boom

Boom Active Member

Got some work done fitting the new MTF dash. Please excuse the mess of wiring.

MTF dash 1.jpg

Grabber70Mach likes this.
  16. 3175375

3175375 Well-Known Member

BDD4AFB8-D75B-436A-BAB1-FCCA6FA49304.png
    You might want to look at these:

https://www.glowshiftdirect.com/?gc...6aqfGbti5jM0alevP5oosz5aa9F8O4FIaAr9rEALw_wcB

I have 4 of them going in a 4 gauge pillar pod in Doug.

17. Boom

Boom Active Member

Those look really nice, but they don't offer a 5" speedo and tach. Options are really limited for that, no speedhut, either. Only some of the Autometer lines offer them.

18. janschutz

janschutz Corn Hauler

Looks Nice, What do they have for the Heater/AC control area on the left?

19. Boom

Boom Active Member

They don't have anything currently. They are considering making a plate that would go over the existing bezel there. I may see about taking the factory one apart and having it blasted and painted to match.