• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Boss Painted!

Sluggo

Couple of teaser pics. Finished spraying at 2:36 AM this morning. Took pics but they all sucked.

I'll get some better ones tomorrow.

One picture of me working and another with me standing around as usual...... Notice no dust flying in the first one....

"Fast68back" said:
One picture of me working and another with me standing around as usual...... Notice no dust flying in the first one....

There were several more of you in standing mode. I just picked the one where it might appear something was going on.

So what the 'L' is it? I see patched up '70 fenders, 69 buckets & no louver on the rear quarters for a '69... ?

My Boss gets painted every morning at the bathroom sink...but thankfully not Calypso Coral!

69 boss cars didn't have the scoops in the qtrs. would have been cool to use them as functioning brake cooling ducts though.

"SELLERSRODSHOP" said:
69 boss cars didn't have the scoops in the qtrs. would have been cool to use them as functioning brake cooling ducts though.

To be more accurate ... the '69 Boss 302 didn't get quarter scoops. The '69 Boss 429 did, for some bizarre reason.

"johnpro" said:
To be more accurate ... the '69 Boss 302 didn't get quarter scoops. The '69 Boss 429 did, for some bizarre reason.

That's what I was seeing in Google Images as well.

"johnpro" said:

yes, wasn't even thinking about the 429 cars. too many paint fumes this weekend i guess... maybe since ford built the 302's but delivered bodies to kar kraft for the modification/assembly of the 429's was why they had the stock scoops installed?

Back