• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Bullitt Rims - Rivets or no??

buening

What is everyone's opinion on the rims pictured below. I own a Grabber Blue 70 Mach that has the Argent mach rocker trim. I'm thinking the Anthracite colored Bullitt rims would look best on the car, rather than the black or chrome. I'm planning on getting 17x8 fronts and will be checking to see if I can fit the 10.5" under the rear (or go with the 9").

I'm torn on whether the plain or rivet style would look better. Below is a pic of Grabber70Mach's car, which looks almost identical to mine (except his paint is better). Your thoughts? The rivets add a bit more to the rim, but would it look a bit too ricey? Or, would the chrome look much better in your opinion? Looking for some input! :ecit

oe-m-3448-a-rt-2fss.jpg

oe-m-3448-a-rt-105-2cs.jpg

oe-3448-17-a-f-2-x.jpg

oe-3448-17-a-r-2-x.jpg

Carlisle08Winter09206.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I would go with the Anthracite colored Bullitt rims with no rivets.....much cleaner look...plus easier to clean if by chance you drive the car. lol

i agree craig...if you want to get rid of those and upgrade let me know...I have an idear rattlin in my brain and i agree with john..rivets are a PITA and are better looking on late models..why dont you like your late model rims?

"fordrule" said:
i agree craig...if you want to get rid of those and upgrade let me know...I have an idear rattlin in my brain and i agree with john..rivets are a PITA and are better looking on late models..why dont you like your late model rims?
that's not his car, just one like his

I'm not worried about the pain of cleaning them, to be honest. I was just thinking the rivets would add a bit more flair, and possibly be a bit different from the plain bullitts everyone else goes with. Different doesn't always mean it looks good though. I personally haven't seen any cars with the riveted bullitts, so its based on internet pictures. I also haven't found any pictures online of classic mustangs with the riveted bullitts. Maybe there is a reason. There is someone here that has the chrome Foose Nitrous, which is similar to the chrome bullitts with rivets. Anyone good with photoshop? :) Here is a pic with tires:

It is a nice avatar Shaun! Glad you like

I'm not necessarily partial to the ones with rivets, I'm just really curious what they'd look like on our cars.

I like the rivets. I think the bullets are a bit cliche now. The rivets changes it up. That's not to say that I don't like the bullets, because they look great.
Bill

I bought'em on Fleabay, they are Rev's (bullit knock-off), the seller was Custom Wheels Market IIRC, paid about $600.

rear - 17X9 5.5BS 285/40/17
front -17X8 4.5BS 245/45/17

I gotta play with the stance some but I'm happy with'm.

"garner67" said:
+1

with a tire and wheel that size... i think the Anthracite and rivets would look awesome.

+2
Great look. Nice updated "vintage" look. The rivets add a lot of style, IMO.
If you wanted exact Bullitt replicas, you wouldn't be running 17s. :coo

"chillininnh" said:
I bought'em on Fleabay, they are Rev's (bullit knock-off), the buyer was Custom Wheels Market IIRC, paid about $600.

rear - 17X9 5.5BS 285/40/17
front -17X8 4.5BS 245/45/17

I gotta play with the stance some but I'm happy with'm.

How are the clearances with the 17x9 rims out back? Could you have went wider?

Back