• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Car updates needed????

KBMWRS

Welcome truth back
Donator
OKay kets hear what's the situation.....

Jeremy....how's the engine after the re-rebuild?

Del65(John)....is the MITM rear end damage fixed yet?

Laurie.....is Trouble on the road???

Mike Garner.....so...where you at in the process?

Hi Mike, regarding repairs to my unreal car, the insurance company's body shop (where my painter works full time) doesn't want the job. Their estimate was in the $1200 range incl replacing the taillight panel. A friend of a friend, with a good reputation, will do it as a side job for about half that amount. That could leave me $ for a other parts.

This week, I'm gonna have another shop, that exclusively works on classics, take a look at it. Although I haven't decided yet, I pleased with my options.

Picture115-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Trouble is waiting for the right front dress system and to get the electrical hooked up again in the engine bay. I want to go with a serpentine system and probably will use a Billet Specialities unit on it. I haven't been working on the cars since the Los Angeles National, but after the judges meeting this weekend, I'll get back on (actually under) Trouble. It's pretty hard for me since I have to do this on my own now for the most part. My next goal is to get the ministarter back in place and I am not looking forward to that.

"DEL65" said:
Hi Mike, regarding repairs to my unreal car, the insurance company's body shop (where my painter works full time) doesn't want the job.

That's because when you walked in and he couldn't see "your car", he probably thought you'd just escaped from the mental ward. You should have gotten him drunk first, so he could see it.

My car is running smoothly now, and I assembled most of the front end last weekend... excluding grille and grille moldings. I'll snap some pics soon.

Unfortunately, I've run into another tech issue. This time I'm not getting enough throw from the hydraulic TO bearing to get full clutch disengagement. Hopefully, it's just a re-bleed of the system.

I have family in town all this weekend (Dad's 80th), so I probably won't touch the car this weekend, but I should be cruising the streets this month! Luckily, we spoiled Californians can drive all year around. :nice

Well Mr Kiester it's been so long since our paths have crossed you didn't even bother to ask how my work in progress is coming :wtf is up with that :pf

Well my 65 is auctually making progress recently. We solved the door handle issue and there now molded into the door, at the rate we are going, perhaps only be another 4 years till I done with it. Who's in a hurry anyway.

I have decided to put my Boss 302 for sale, but like everything else not in a hurry to sell it. Once I do or perhaps even prior to selling it, I in market for a 67 or 8 fastback just to become part of Nor-Cal 67-8 fastback Cult :toot

Oh by the way I ran accross a deal on latex gloves if you should ever run low :danc

This time I'm not getting enough throw from the hydraulic TO bearing to get full clutch disengagement.

Is it a hydraiulic TO bearing or is there an external slave for the clutch fork?

With my Hyd TO bearing I had to use a spacer, the gap between the clutch and the TO bearing was to far away, a billet spacer was used.

"Bite Me" said:
Well Mr Kiester it's been so long since our paths have crossed you didn't even bother to ask how my work in progress is coming :wtf is up with that :pf

Well my 65 is auctually making progress recently. We solved the door handle issue and there now molded into the door, at the rate we are going, perhaps only be another 4 years till I done with it. Who's in a hurry anyway.

I have decided to put my Boss 302 for sale, but like everything else not in a hurry to sell it. Once I do or perhaps even prior to selling it, I in market for a 67 or 8 fastback just to become part of Nor-Cal 67-8 fastback Cult :toot

Oh by the way I ran accross a deal on latex gloves if you should ever run low :danc

Don't feel bad BiteMe. I wasn't asked for an update either...... But here I'll give it anyways
:bird :bird :bird

"daveSanborn" said:
Is it a hydraiulic TO bearing or is there an external slave for the clutch fork?

It's a hydraulic TO bearing, no external slave & clutch fork. If i have to completely remove my transmission to fix the problem, I'll regret purchasing the hydraulic TO bearing.

"Fast68back" said:
With my Hyd TO bearing I had to use a spacer, the gap between the clutch and the TO bearing was to far away, a billet spacer was used.

I assume you put the spacer between the trans and the TO bearing, right? Where did you find a billet spacer?... or did you have one made specially for your application?

It's a hydraulic TO bearing, no external slave & clutch fork. If i have to completely remove my transmission to fix the problem, I'll regret purchasing the hydraulic TO bearing.

When they're working, they're GREAT. When they're not working, they're not so great....

Back