• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Carb. issue....need help.

"70 StangMan" said:
That is kinda what's confusing me. When I bolted on this one it fired right up and ran but now it won't. I did run the pcv hose to a inlet on the intake that was capped off. (the other used to go into the base of the old carb but this one has no input). I'm wondering if that screwed things up. That is the only thing different that I can think of.

Yes hooking the pvc to the intake is whats causing your start up trouble.
Loss of vac draw thru the carb when cranking with starter motor.
The spacer that has the egr port mount is for 74 and newer IIRC, thats when smog came from factory.
You need a carb with the base plate connector for the pvc hook up or a spacerplate with it.
Blocking off the port for egr is possiable but looks bad imho.

The spacer pictured is actually from my 73 302. I've always assumed that Ford was getting ready for the regulations of 74.

"Fordication" said:
Well, what happened? Did it work?
Yes...I posted over in the "what did you get done today" thread ( hindsight say's I should have put it here). Mounted the spacer with the pcv inlet under the new carb. Capped off the inlet into the manifold I was using and after some thin walled hose collapse issues all is well in the garage (today)

Today finally finished the correct PCV setup on the car. Went from inlet directly into carb base to a inlet into the spacer base (new carb. had no inlet) and got the 3/8" to 1/2" hose issue solved. Everything working fine (now)

carb2.jpg

Back