• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Classic Air

Well, good job! It must have been nice to have help! Of course I did start with my Classis system; no motor/tranny, nothing under the dash, but did have the main under the dash wiring in place. I too thought the venting route was way below par, or useless to be honest. I wound up using pvc pipe as splices in some areas. The vents leading to the defrostes was a pain, but everthing is achievable, just tests your skills for sure. I think I'd make a much better Technical writer for the intall!!
So, you didn't use the actuator for the duct control? I was really worried if iit was going to work on not, but it did! yeah!

I've got mine blowing 38-42degrees, but that's sitting in the garage with both electric fans on and a shop fan n front

I will say this: God forbid if I'd ever have to pull this unit down again! If I did' all the seat would come out, radio.
cons; poor diagrams ( I say you really have tro take inventory of all the stuff you get in several boxes! and do take inventory.
check the templates, the instructions are also online, much better than the copies they gave you!

I assembled the entire box as a single unit instead of putting the directors on last, thought that was kind of dumb. I don't kow how your hoses fit onto the defrost, but I had to make up a few words for that !! I think a little smallers would have been ni order vs. 2-3: hoses.
I finally got my sytem blowing cold today!
I will sit and write my review on what they need to improve on! Qualilty pictures have helped tremendously. The packaging was good, but I had a bent crankpully of which they replaced asap@! The service is very good, bu with our superior brains, we shold be able to conquer these things!

I just can't imagine doing this system on a car that had the previous system in stalled!!

but overall, Pete/Midlife(randy), it looks really neat! is the cold air blowing yet??? I put a trinary switch, but don't know if I trust it!
Lunesta kicking in, until tomorrow!@
dne'

I will get it serviced later this week if all goes as planned......but we know how that goes.

Sounds like a b!tch! Glad I went with their Daily Driver system which is pretty much like the original set up. Like yours, the directions were a joke. They actually had black and white copy of Mustang Monthy's install. Very vague to say the least and the pictures were useless! I just decided to install/modify as I wanted it.

Yup, X2 on that. I am keeping all stock controls inside (unless someone can talk me out of it) and am going with all new equipment under the hood. What size/type condensor came with the kit? Does it cover the entire radiator area?

The condensor fits the radiator perfect. Covers the entire front area. I have a stock size Griffin. The daily driver would have been easier but I did want to chop up my console. Well, I still end up cutting the console, but a lot more than they show in the directions.

Was your old condensor as big? On my Cuda, I installed a large paralell flow condensor. As a result, it ran hot. I researched everything to try and keep temps under 200*. Since I had little drive time with it before the restoration was unsure if it might have run hot previous. Anyhow, after 2+ years of troubleshooting and $$ in new performance cooling parts I put a 16" SPAL pusher on front of the radiator and when we test drove the other day, couldnt get it past 210*. Quite an improvement when it was getting up to 230*+ sitting in traffic.

So, am curious if you will see warmer operating temps with the entire face of the radiator covered now by the condensor.

Mine had no air prior to this. It runs 180 all the time with the SPAL 2360 cfm puller (when I get those issues solved with SPAL). I currently have a temp. flex fan on it and with just a few miles, it still runs as it did with the flex fan prior to the A/C....the flex fan allows a slight climb to about 200 if at a long light or several close ones. Temp comes down once moving.

Looks good! Sounds like poor Mid was put through hell!

I am staying away from AC for now as it sounds way too complicated!

Well, fortunately, Mid and I have the mechanical and electrical abilities to do just about anything on these old crates. It is just our bodies do not conform to the positions they need to for under dash work. We both have so many bruises and scars it looked like we have been in a bar fight.

The A/C is not complicated at all.....the instructions suck, the illustrations suck, and no matter what unit you use, you are dealing with the normal after market fitment issues.

No doubt I could do it but I don't think I want to do it.

I may change my mind after driving the car!

Can't believe you two of all people didn't pull the seats out. What's it take twenty minutes? I know our old bodies are failing us, but the brain should compensate! I'm sure after that ordeal the last of the Wattles tasted even better.

Well, got it serviced this morning. $97 for the service and the supplies. No complaints as the unit works good at this time. There is one wire on a switch that I need to re-route as it was off again this am. Driving home it was putting out 35* air and outside temps is 89*. As long as it stays working, I will be happy. Need to take it for a cruise now to give it a longer check out.

Fantastic news!! All the labor and frustration and bruises pay off finally!

I was having some problems initially with my ac, but it wasn't my ac, it was my AC gauges that I bought from O'reilly's! The high side gauge was giving me a faulty reading. So I bought some high quality ac gauges and all seems to be well now as I was just low on 134! Sitting in the garage of probably engine heat temp! lol it got down to 36degrees, so hopefully on the road it will be even better! We have AC now Pete :vic!!

off topic:
I love the triple gauges :vic! I may have some questions about hookup, but that won't be for a while~

IMG_9074.jpg

Glad you got the gauges ok. Just holler when you get ready to hook up.

I just have to switch the wire that was off this am and all will be good, It turns on the compressor in the defrost mode. I was not able to get to the correct pin on the switch so I put it in one that would work to get me out of the service shop.

Back