• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Console Attempt #1

that's looking good. I was thinking of moving my e-brake handle there. What e-brake handle are you useing? Also, is your kick panels wrapped in leather? Looks good.

Thanks guys. It did turn out a bit better than what I initially thought it was gonna. Not perfect, buy good enough for me. I moved the e-brake...well, just because. I never liked the under the dash handle. When my block cracked (or should I say when the JB weld the PO fixed a crack with) and the wife said take the engine and what ever else you want out of my '89 GT. I took the ebrake retrofit it in. I figured there's nothing else on the car that's stock (except maybe the headlights and taillights), so why not. It's something that you don't see every day.

Ah...the switches...the three red ones above the A/F meter are: 1. the activation switch for the line-lock, 2. override for the electric fan (just in case i didn't program the EEC correctly, 3. blank...just in case I need it. The switch under the radio controls which tune the tweecer reads.

The kick panel aren't covered in leather but Naugahyde as is ever other place in the car, the seats, visors, headliner, doorpanels, the doors, the under part of the dash, the rear 1/4 panels....etc. there's no exposed metal or fiberglass in the car. I guess another option like Dave pointed out, is to have it covered in vinyl...might be tough to get a good color match.

Dave -- do you remember which Hurst stick you have? This is a Hurst stick that I got from Dark Horse Performance. It's not too bad, it does have a bit of a kick back -- and along with long arms it's doable. But a little bit more would be more comfortable.

My shifter is just about perfect (for me) in length

2_10_02_09_5_37_04_1.JPG

There is some great info on the GT350clone (BobV over here) website.

http://www.sunflower.com/~vervaecke/shifter.htm

IIRC, mine is the 5380179 - 10" up, 5.5" back, natural aluminum, 7/16-20 thread

Last edited by a moderator:
The kick panel aren't covered in leather but Naugahyde as is ever other place in the car, the seats, visors, headliner, doorpanels, the doors, the under part of the dash, the rear 1/4 panels....etc. there's no exposed metal or fiberglass in the car.
awesome, the Luxury race car look! sounds neat! And an 89 HO EFI 5 speed! Sweet. Sounds like an awesome car. Need more pics of the whole car! engine, inside, mods, etc. :cry

I'm using the same shifter stick that Rick has pictured above. For me, the height and layback of the stick places the ball in the perfect position for my hand.

Back