• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Convinced I am getting 17" wheels but have tire questions. Please help :-)

Not sure about a 225/50/17 on front - almost an inch taller at 25.9 vs. the 225/45/17 at 25.0. (Biggest concern area would be front fender lip when turning in reverse)

With that said, fit does vary from car-to-car. :dun

Thanks, I may give it a go. The tire shop says if they dont fit they will take em back. Rolling the fenders slightly is not a huge deal, they are original fenders (one was NOS) but a subtle tweak on the front is not a huge deal like the rear quarters would be.

OK, here is what I ended up with.

225/50 on 17x7 4.25bs

They rubbed a bit on the front fenders right at the top, and I am running about -1.5 camber. I rolled the lips and jacked up the paint so now I will need to get the paint gun out. The rears are still an unknown, I may just stiffen up the Koni's a bit to be safe.

lensflare.jpg

IMAG2752.jpg

Re: Convinced I am getting 17" wheels but have tire questions. Please help :)

Looks good.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

That looks great! Before you go too far rolling the front fender give them a pull while wearing some gloves. It may pull it just enough that you won't have to worry about cracking the paint. It work for me at least.

Darreld
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Convinced I am getting 17" wheels but have tire questions. Please help :)

Looks nice.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Back