• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

COTM Themes for Nominations

"Sluggo" said:
Personally, I like the looser requirements suggested above, self painted, concours, restomod, etc. After all, it is more about participation than exclusion.

Project cars in my opinion can compete quite fairly against other projects.
:stu

How about opening with 10 cars and having a mid month vote to narrow it to 5. That way there is a little more time for nominations.

What about doing themes or projects every other month? No matter what you do, you'll never make everyone happy....

I like TERRYs idea of an automated PM reminder going out to every registered member. It should contain a link to the poll thread.

Hey I know let's change everything...we could ditch ride of the month altogether and instead do 'posts of the month' :roul

"dodgestang" said:
Hey I know let's change everything...we could ditch ride of the month altogether and instead do 'posts of the month' :roul
Well then you would never have a chance to win

Why don't we do project one month, restomod the next...then maybe car with engine blown and rebuilt the most times followed by driver with the biggest ears :Mark

:nut :nut

I have teary eyes and cherry kool-aid all over the monitor :thu

Re: Re: COTM Themes for Nominations

"RustyRed" said:
Why don't we do project one month, restomod the next...then maybe car with engine blown and rebuilt the most times followed by driver with the biggest ears :Mark

:nut :nut

He can't win again 2 years anyway.

How about longest time to do an efi swap ever. Maybe I could win that one.

"Horseplay" said:
My views.

1. No to self-nominations. I doubt too many here would nominate their own car or vote for a self-nominated ride. This is about peer appreciation.
2. We need to get the voting base increased. What do we average? Something less than 60 votes a month? That is shameful given the membership. Can new members receive a welcome message inviting them to participate in COTM? I know when I first started spending time here I was reluctant to act too prominently until i had some Fix time under my belt. We need to let people know they are a welcome party to the contest. What about a generic auto PM to members reminding them to vote each month?
3. Last, I have a few theme suggestions. Self-painted car. Concourse Restoration. Resto-mod. Maybe based on specific areas...best interior, engine, etc.
4. Finally, we need a months theme devoted to project cars than will never be finished. I want to compete too!

I don't care either which way. But I think T E R R Y has some valid points.

Man that was hard to say....

"70_Fastback" said:
I don't care either which way. But I think T E R R Y has some valid points.

Man that was hard to say....
jeez. make one little fat joke...

"silverblueBP" said:
WTH, we had 2 GREAT cars this month and last!

I never said anything about the quality of cars..I think they are all deserving. I just am not a fan of the process

"kb3" said:
I never said anything about the quality of cars..I think they are all deserving. I just am not a fan of the process

Apparently your newness allowed the sarcasm to pass by un-noticed

:sec

"silverblueBP" said:
Apparently your newness allowed the sarcasm to pass by un-noticed

OH...that was sarcasm...sorry, I am from the left coast, we are a bit more refined with our sarcasm out here! We have Craig!

ps...now that is sarcasm!

"kb3" said:
OH...that was sarcasm...sorry, I am from the left coast, we are a bit more refined with our sarcasm out here! We have Craig!

ps...now that is sarcasm!

No......that's just sad. Plain and simple sad.

Grinder-Girl-GIF.gif

Back