• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Coupes rule

6t6red

I was suppose to go to Mich. today but the wife wasn't feeling well so we cancelled. I decided to go to the local corn fest car show and came away with first place for my class.(60-69 all makes) There were alot of nice chevelle and camaros and yes, mustang verts. and sport roofs. The 66 vert. took 2nd. place and I surprisingly took 1st. The guy with the sport roof keeps telling people that he hasn't won since I started going to shows. This makes 3 times that I have taken home the trophy with a coupe vs. his sport roof. So what say ye coupe owners? :nut

Congrats on the win. And you came damn close to car of the month. That's gotta account for something.

And as much as I am a vert lover,
I like a good coupe too.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

"6t6red" said:
Coupes rule!
Your preaching to the choir on that one! :beer Congrats on the Victory Paul... Now we got to get you that well deserved place in next years calendar (As one of this years COTM's).

I remember some years back, on VMF, when Dave Sanborn made an epic post about why the hell anybody would be stupid enough to restore a coup. When it cost just as much to do a fastback! :wtf Good Lord the ruckus that stirred up...definitely was tongue in cheek, but you know how great Sanborn is about putting things in the most delicate manner...lol :nut That was a lot of fun back then before we all got the ban stick. lol :sarc btw I have a coup and it is just as fast as a comparable fb. :thu Man, those were the days. :steer

Why do all you coupe guys have such inferiority complexes? Do you guys all wear t-shirts into the pool too? :hide

Fluke...must not have had any fastbacks those days :roll

J/K, congrats!

"Horseplay" said:
Why do all you coupe guys have such inferiority complexes? Do you guys all wear t-shirts into the pool too? :hide

I don't wear a t-shirt in the pool only because it doesn't go well with my water wings. :Mark :bowdown

Coupes rule, because they are the measure for any fastback (even lowly 6-bangers) or convertible to show off their supremacy.

"AzPete" said:
Coupes rule so much that Ford stopped making fastbacks.....only Coupes and Verts.......

Yeah, that new car you have doesn't look like a fastback at all now does it :shrug

:sarc

"silverblueBP" said:
Yeah, that new car you have doesn't look like a fastback at all now does it :shrug

:sarc

Do we call those hatchbacks?

Its true, I do rule!

But, you should know that any car with two doors and a hard top is a "coupe" right? I mean, thats why chicken houses have two doors, because they are coupes, nobody has a "Chicken Sedan".
:sm_NTA

"gwstang" said:
I remember some years back, on VMF, when Dave Sanborn made an epic post about why the hell anybody would be stupid enough to restore a coup. When it cost just as much to do a fastback! :wtf Good Lord the ruckus that stirred up...definitely was tongue in cheek, but you know how great Sanborn is about putting things in the most delicate manner...lol :nut That was a lot of fun back then before we all got the ban stick. lol :sarc btw I have a coup and it is just as fast as a comparable fb. :thu Man, those were the days. :steer
Dave who?
72_13_10_09_1_40_55.bmp

this Dave, touching a coupe???

Last edited by a moderator:
Back