• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

CSRP disc brakes

Kats66Pny

There's 3 Swap kits, but whats the difference? They are all the same price, all seem to be compatible with 65-73 mustangs, yet 1 kit doesn't come with spindles and the other 2 kits do. :shrug

Swap 1
Swap 2
Swap 3

Ahhhh....did you read them? The difference is in the style of brakes you desire. Kelsie HAyes, Granada, or 70's Mustang styles.....some don't care, some have specific desires.

I see that they were different styles... but I'm just trying to figure out why would I want to buy swap 1 that doesn't come with spindles (use your existing ones) for $525/$650 when you can buy Swap 2 or 3? I have my current spindles so I could buy swap 1 (KH style), but for the same price I could just buy swap 2 and get new spindles and do granada style. :confu

I would have just thought swap 1 would have been cheaper since you don't get spindles and outer tie rods. :shrug

Kat,

There are many differences between the three kits. Long term, the Granada set-up would probably be cheapest due to the commonality of parts. You also need to consider the wheels you'll be using since not all kits will work on all wheels. The KH set-up uses 4 piston calipers the others are a single piston design. etc, etc, etc

Not all things are created equal. Why not call them and discuss your intended use of the car and get their guidance?

you can't use your orig wheels on granada disk brakes unless you mill away a certain amount of metal of the disk's snoute.
I did it .
OK guys , help me out here to explain what I mean. :stu

I have the 68/69 styled wheels right now,

6869styledsteel3.jpg

but eventually I'll be getting 17s or 18s. When I can afford it. Until then I was just going to continue using the ones I already have.

granada setup is good and cheap .
you need to change the outer tie rods and mill down the center of the granada disks to meet the orig mustang wheels.
There is enough metal to mill down the center so you can use these chrome 68/69 style wheels.

My last '66 had 70 Mustang disc setup...worked nice with a Maverick dual master cyl. and still manual all the way. Easy pedal and good stopping.

The CSRP guy live in Austin, not too far from me. He is very nice to deal with, and is great about answering all your question, just call his cell.

-Mark

Definitely call Dennis. Nice guy and knows his stuff. He's not going to steer you down the wrong path. In the end it's your decision, since you have the spindles and can go any way you want...but he can tell you what things you need to think about before making that decision.

So from my understanding.. you buy the brackets and then go to a local auto parts stores and buy the rest. Interesting.

I'm running a set of the Stainless Steel Brakes that looks like option #1 with the four piston calipers. I've never had and problems, and the car stops pretty quick, when mashing on the brakes.

No, the Granada setup (aka swap2) looks like a pain in the azz for you. I'd go with swap3, the 68-73 Mustang based kit. Your wheels will fit the mustang brakes and there are better pads available for the mustang brakes.

Back