• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Curious Car...possible GT350

So, how much to restore in dollars? 50K? I can see the finished product, just not the dollars involved(not to mention labor!)

If that car is a Shelby and if you restore it correctly you are looking at a minimum of $50k, I would guess more like $100k to do it correctly, not cutting corners and returning it to a 67.

I can see lots of 68 parts in there.

Plus once you media blast that thing you may not have much body left. I think the only thing keeping it together is the rust.

Mel

I have a copy of the registry. Course you need the correct VIN to start with.

"crustycurmudgeon" said:
NOTHING about that car tells me it's a '67, and EVERYTHING tells me it's a '68. How does he even know without a VIN?

Frank

Its not a '68 shelby hood, its a '67, everything else looks like '68

He has no proof other than some person who came over and looked at it - who he doesn't have contact info for. The original title is 'too faded". There's no VIN anywhere on the car.

Yeah, something is very suspicious.

No VIN, a ton of 68 parts, some mysterious guy who came to look at it and told him it was a shelby and a title that is too faded to copy? This just has bad idea written all over it. Not to mention the ton of money you are going to sink into restoring that car. My favorite part though is that he is hoping to get $50k out of that thing! Also interesting that he says the VIN says the original color of the car is "bronz", yet on the picture of the interior where you can see the kick panel area exposed and the floor boards exposed, it has that same brittany blue-esq color the outside wears. I realize that could have been from a repaint, but for a car in such rough shape I find it hard to believe if it was ever repainted in its life that they would have painted the kick panel area as well as the floor boards.

And my last point, the rear quarter panels both have the early 68 style side markers. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but 67's did not have that did they?

I love the bidding history....one guy bids numerous times to go from 9000 to 19000 against himself.....what a joke.

You are correct about the side markers.

That car is a joke. If he paid me for the gas to pick it up I would come get it, but it is (has been said already) a scrap car!

Mel

"AzPete" said:
I love the bidding history....one guy bids numerous times to go from 9000 to 19000 against himself.....what a joke.

That makes sense as you enter you max bid and it bids you up as others bid :shrug
Bill

"68stang289" said:
And my last point, the rear quarter panels both have the early 68 style side markers. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but 67's did not have that did they?

I believe some of the late 67's did have them. A local guy has documentation as he has one of them.

"sgtjunior" said:
I believe some of the late 67's did have them. A local guy has documentation as he has one of them.

Seems I have read something about the late 67s were actually 68s because of the strike, so your friend has a 68 and it would depend on the documentation and what it was before I would believe it.

I could be wrong, but I also believe that Shelby got early production cars at the beginning of the year. IIRC I heard it on a special once. Therefore if I my memory is correct, this would not be a Shelby.

I would like to hear from some of the MCA folks here though, because I hate to rely on my memory anymore.

Mel

what do I see:

regular 68 front nose ( maybe it had a front colision and repaired it with regular parts ???? )
regular 68 instrument cluster ( 120 mph speedo )
rear taillight panel seems to be one from a 67 shelby.
body is from a 68 .

When the lower scoops vents the rear wheel , I could look more into this.
But it will cost alot to restore..maybe too much money.

Back