• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Curious Car...possible GT350

"Johnny M" said:
Sorry, totally weird topic hijack but is it normal to "wake" a person in the US. I thought it was a "Paddy" thing.

In lots of areas in the US it is normal.

The Seller just added some more info.......this stinks of BS

I would like to add an option to those of you that may not have the cash for this car. I bought the car to restore with my 18 year old Daughter who's name is also Shelby. Due to how much work this car needs I feel it's a bit much for me to deal with at this time. Between her Collage full time and me tuning 52 soon I need to keep things simple. "SO" I need a special car for her! I will consider an even trade for either a late model Hummer H3 8cyl Black or, a Wild turn key Hot Rod, Custom Street Rod show type. "Even trades only!" I'm not looking to lay out any money!!!

If this works for any one of you 1,168 watchers, please E-mail your pics of your trade item to: miketrinagel@aol.com It's not so much the money I'm after, It's what ever works in oder to get my Daughter something special. Not to be concerned that she's 18, She already has a 07 GT500 & a 01 Viper Venom, She's a "driver!!!" But the SUV is important! or the Custom is just another toy for the collection.

THANK YOU ALL SO VERY MUCH, Mike..........

I wonder if he got the money for his daughters "GT500 and Viper Venom" by screwing others like he's gonna do with this auction/trade?

Another interesting thing I just noticed...the brake pedal pad has the round piece that says "disc brakes" on it, while the car is actually 4 wheel drums. I didn't think you could even get a 67/68 Shelby car without disc brakes?

Yep....both disc options, no drums.....but the car sure looks to have drums on the front.

"AzPete" said:
Maybe it is just a power brake symbol on the pedal......

Oh, I have no doubt that's all it is. But it brings up more questions in my mind. Like was this car even an original 4 speed car or did someone take a 68 auto car and use what was usable off of a wrecked Shelby (aka, the trans, roll bar, scoops, etc)? Or at some point did someone switch out the discs for drums (highly unlikely even if they were stripping the car for parts, why put drums back on?). Someone is getting taken for a ride and is about to make a $20,000 mistake.

I have a feeling the bidder(s) are friends of the seller trying to make others bid on the car. How much do you want to bet that the car will be listed again soon saying the winning bidder didn't pay so its back up for sale/trade.

Back