• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Dog Farts are killing me.

A

Anonymous

Ok, I'm having a little problem with our little dog. It seems that lately that the dog has become a farting machine. It lets one loose on a schedule of about every 30 minutes. It's not just a puff of warm air with a smell that quickly dissipates, but a silent blast of "something crawled up it's ass and died" that can clear the room of human occupants in seconds. The damn smell lingers for minutes and unless I fight back with a shot of Fabreeze, the whole house starts smelling like shit. My question is, have any of you guys ever heard of or had a super stinking, nasty smelling, vomit inducing, room clearing farting dog, and if so, what did you to remedy the problem. Hell, I'm even thinking about taking it to the vet for some kind of enema or another type of a ass cleaning procedure? Anything would help at this point. BTW, the dog is a Shih-tzu, and now I see why it holds that name, it shits-on-you. :skulcc

"67 evil eleanor" said:
Ok, I'm having a little problem with our little dog. It seems that lately that the dog has become a farting machine. It lets one loose on a schedule of about every 30 minutes. It's not just a puff of warm air with a smell that quickly dissipates, but a silent blast of "something crawled up it's ass and died" that can clear the room of human occupants in seconds. The damn smell lingers for minutes and unless I fight back with a shot of Fabreeze, the whole house starts smelling like shit. My question is, have any of you guys ever heard of or had a super stinking, nasty smelling, vomit inducing, room clearing farting dog, and if so, what did you to remedy the problem. Hell, I'm even thinking about taking it to the vet for some kind of enema or another type of a ass cleaning procedure? Anything would help at this point. BTW, the dog is a Shih-tzu, and now I see why it holds that name, it shits-on-you. :skulcc

yes, my big boy we lost in the fall could fart really bad on occasion. bad enough that not only did it burn your eyes, but also "taste it in the back of your throat" bad.

is his/her crap normal? we went thru a spell with lucy when we first got her where she farted & had the runs & ended up changing her food. turns out the diamond puppy food we were giving her had corn meal as a major ingredient. changed it to the diamond 'natural" puppy food & things cleared up. check the ingredients on the food & see whats in there. might just need a change.

I would definitely look into a food issue. Could be an allergy. Clearly it's having a digestive issue. Our dogs always chewed parts of their body all the time. Found out they were allergic to beef products. Switched to vegetarian or chicken based and chewing is gone or reduced drastically.

+2 on the food change. Call your vet, they may have a good suggestion on the type or brand of food.

give it away as a late WE gift.

Seriously, change the food. I had a problem with our German Shephards. The female had rashes and the male had the runs. This was Eukanuba food not some costco crap.

Changed to Natural Balance (company owned by Dick Van Patten) Fish and Sweet Potato and voila, problem solved....

Thanks all, you have saved the dog from a Glade plug in suppository. It will be happy.

What a weird day. Where we once spent the day trying to solve automotive problems, or ogling some girl in a thong, or trying to convince Jack of the superiority of conservatism, today the day was spent discussing canine flatulence. Awesome!

Getting back to the serious question, after owning 4 pedigree German Shepherds (which are notorious for having delicate stomachs), we have fed all ours on the same diet - raw Kangaroo mince, cup of dry food and a beef soup bone.
The crap that comes in a tin comes out of a dog the same way it goes in.
None of our dogs have ever done a "spray paint". their shits are solid and dont smell much.
Mind you their farts could still strip wallpaper, but a stinky fart is a sign of good health (which means i will live to 103!)

Back