• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Dog Farts are killing me.

"silverblueBP" said:

ifartinyour_fullpic.jpg

"70 StangMan" said:
Does changing food help bad breath too ?? My Pug's give from both ends. :skul

Bad breath could mean dirty teeth/infection in the mouth. First would be a vet checkup to make sure the dog doesn't need a dental (teeth cleaning) or have any infected teeth. If the vet gives a clean bill of health... try giving the dog Greenies. Its a green tooth brush shaped chew treat that help clean teeth and better breath.

dental-chews-treat-tub.jpg

"67 Fastback" said:
I've got a Shih-Tzu puppy. So this is what I've got to look forward to?
Bill
Not to worry ...it doesn't sound breed specific. They all stink if it ain't right. :rant

We give the dog a "beauty" treatment once a week. Bath (every other week), clip nails, brush teeth, clean ears, brush coat. It's overkill, but the dog must be clean at all times when in public.

Anyway, we've never had a problem with bad dog breath following this regimen. We also only feed Eukanuba large breed dry food. No table scraps, no floor scraps, very...very few treats.

"opentrackerSteve" said:
give it away as a late WE gift.

Seriously, change the food. I had a problem with our German Shephards. The female had rashes and the male had the runs. This was Eukanuba food not some costco crap.

Changed to Natural Balance (company owned by Dick Van Patten) Fish and Sweet Potato and voila, problem solved....

Natural Balance here too. Good stuff.
NB_DogUltbagGroup_200w.jpg
Synergy_groupshot.jpg

We mix these 2 for the working dogs.

fd

"silverblueBP" said:
We give the dog a "beauty" treatment once a week. Bath (every other week), clip nails, brush teeth, clean ears, brush coat. It's overkill, but the dog must be clean at all times when in public.
So the Scope was Bull Sh*t ?

It has to be a diet issue...

I can relate though...a friend of mine back in Jr. High had a big golden lab that could clear the room if he farted. He didn't do so often but when he did as soon as we heard it we would bolt from the upstairs living room in their house and down the stairs as fast as we could move.

Our dog had a diet issue with the Costo dry food. His farts were so bad they would wake me up from a deep sleep. It smelled like he took a dump an the foot of the bed.

Now SWMBO makes the dog food. Boils chicken breasts, oatmeal, carrots, rice, broth, and freezes it. Dog loves it and no more farts.

864-760-8511
"DEL65" said:
Boils chicken breasts, oatmeal, carrots, rice, broth, and freezes it.

Dang....about what I had for lunch yesterday......no gas either.....lol

I had a vet tell me to feed the dog a spoonful of pumpkin. she said it wouldn't stop farts, but it takes a lot of the stink out of them.

Back