• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Ducktail spoiler?

If i do the duckbill on my 65-6 coupe , I would like togo with the t-bird tail lights without the bars...kinda like the eleanor. And I am wanting to paint the light panel flat black and nightshade the lights.

I used Maier Racing FG (except the trunk) on my car and it wasn't too bad for fit. I forget where I got the trunk and end caps (long time ago) but the fit couldn't have been worse, I had to basically rebuild the end caps. Anyway, you could go with a 69/70 Shelby vert trunk lid and end caps, that would be cool IMO. I also agree that the 67/68 cars don't look quite right with the "duck tail" and original taillights.
and Dave, maybe they did "insure" the product! :lol but I doubt it, good catch.

"daveSanborn" said:
The California Special.... to my knowledge.... was an appearance option only offered in 1968.
there were "special" packages for 67 like the sports sprint and Indy pacesetter but Dave is correct, the Shelby-ized California Special and High Country Special was a 68 only. It was also "appearance only" but you could opt for the 428 in GT/CS but I've only seen one.

Back