• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Exhaust tips

The car left for the shop this morning. I moved the car outside and snapped a couple pictures while it was outside and loaded up on the truck. It was kinda cool following the truck to the shop and watching people react to the car. A lot would pull along side and hit their brakes to take a look, watched a couple guys try and snap cell phone pictures.

2_01_05_09_8_17_15_1.JPG

2_01_05_09_8_17_16_2.JPG

2_01_05_09_8_17_17_3.JPG

2_01_05_09_8_18_54_1.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
The car and wrecker with the flag looks cool. Are you trying to show us your dd is a mercedes or something? Geez man. JK Good luck with the exhaust.

"blue65coupe" said:
The car and wrecker with the flag looks cool. Are you trying to show us your dd is a mercedes or something? Geez man. JK Good luck with the exhaust.

I was sitting in my GFs car...she has a benz, or two.

I'll be doing that same thing this thursday. Except I'll be trailer'ing it and driving it myself. Not in a 'benz sippin latte' with my pinky in the air.

So is your exhaust all done ?

Latte? I was drinking bottled water, cheap bottled water.......They are actually not starting on the car until today, they told me I could drop it off on Friday if it was easier. It may be at the shop for a week or so. They are going to do a couple things while its there. Finish up all the crap I've been putting off. Running the two Hyd clutch lines (reservoir to MC and MC to Hyd throw out bearing) then bleed the system. Align the front end, dyno tune and exhaust.

They had a bunch of cars in the shop when I dropped it off. A Shelby Daytona Clone, 4 or 5 Cobra kit cars, a BAD ASS 69/70 they are building for a customer. Thing was Viper blue with a wipple supercharged 4.6 mod motor. I forget what he said it dyno'd at, something over 700, IIRC. Also had a sharp 65/66 convertible with a 427 (stroked 351), outside it looked stock, but it had a Mustang II front end, all LEATHER interior. They also had some sick ass looking 67/68 fastback that some local shop had built. Kinda reminded me of one of the Ring brothers car or that obsidean car. Not my taste, but still pretty wicked. Wish I had grabbed my camera when they were showing me around the shop.

Oh wow. Mine will be a 1 day in & out thing. I'm taking mine to same place that Skip (Mach1ne @ VMF) took his too. They did his in 1 day as well.

And sorry I never did get to take pics of my tips. I did get them out yesterday to look at them. They are pretty low profile rectangular with the rolled lip. The box dimensions them as: 2" x 8" outlet opening with a 2-1/2" diameter inlet.

And like I said earlier, since I don't have a GT valace, I wanted a lower profile tip that would not hang down too low, and attract your eye. I should hopefully have pics (maybe vid) on thursday or friday.

Snapped a couple pics of the blue '70 while I was dropping off my E-brake, they are going to put it in before the exhaust goes on.

2_07_05_09_11_00_05_3.JPG

2_07_05_09_11_00_06_4.JPG

These are teh billet trunk hinges they are producing. Its nice how evenly the trunk opens without the tension rods.

2_07_05_09_11_01_20_0.JPG

Never realized there was that mush modding required to get the T56 in there

2_07_05_09_11_09_56_0.JPG

Nuthin excitin bout mine, its just sittin on the rack...

2_07_05_09_11_00_05_2.JPG

Went by the shop today, they had the car up on the dyno. Snapped a couple pictures of the exhaust. I also have some video of it on the dyno, it sounds pretty bad ass.
2_29_06_09_11_55_42_2.JPG

2_29_06_09_11_55_41_1.JPG

2_29_06_09_11_55_40_0.JPG

I have no idea, it may be the file, it bombed twice trying to upload to youtube and its timed out about 5 times on here. I usually use google chrome, it seems a little faster with regular old IE. I may have to try it from home when I get there.

Back