• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Exhaust tips

"Fast68back" said:
30,000 MB, it plays on my laptop, come on over.

Holy Crap! A 30 GB download? That'll take longer than I can possibly wait for (a couple of hours at broadband speed). I upload 10GB sections and it takes a good 8 hours.

"Midlife" said:
Holy Crap! A 30 GB download? That'll take longer than I can possibly wait for (a couple of hours at broadband speed). I upload 10GB sections and it takes a good 8 hours.

That ain't broadband, BTW. That's called dialup.

I heard that as well. I didnt notice it when I was standing there watching the pull. It may have been me pulling a little girl and jumping when he got on it. I'll send it to the shop and see what they say. They were not done with it, the o2 sensor on the machine was giving them shit and the tech wants to swap the secondary spring.

They said the first pulls were 300 HP 320 Tq at 5K, but there was something up with the o2 sensor on the dyno, so they had to swap it. i was only there for a little while on my lunch break, the shop is like 40 minutes away, so I couldnt stay long. I didnt see a printout or anything, but I'll get one eventually.

BTW- I forgot to mention, since they put my car on the back burner for a month and a half..they finished up that bad@$$ '70 and won best in class and best in show at the mid america meet this past weekend. Talked to the shop owner today, he said they got the car idling but it hasnt been tuned or anything yet, still a sweet car.

Here it is before they finished.
2_07_05_09_11_00_06_4.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
"daveSanborn" said:
Just before the hard pull... what was that "snap" sound? The exhaust sounds GREAT!

It was a backfire. They got everything ironed out with the tune. I'll get the dyno sheet later but he did tell me that they ended up with 318 at the wheels. After they tuned it they drove it on the street and they said there is a tranny noise, but only in 4th and 5th gears, so they are pulling it in the morning and taking it to the shop where I bought it last year. Its a new T5z, 12mo/12,000 warranty, but thats only parts so if they dont just swap it, I'll be $hellin out for the labor on it...... They knew all this yesterday but arent pulling it until tomorrow, :wtf. I'm frustrated and pissed, but what can I do.......

Hard to tell from those 70 pics, but did they have to hack up the trans tunnel that much to get the T56 in there? I was planning on going with the T56 and it's been done on other forums before without any mods in the 70 cars, but then again the drivetrain angle may be way off.

Just an FYI, do NOT buy the chrome 70 mach tips. I bought them and a year later after some driving and garage shelter, the chrome is rusting and discoloring. I think the chrome job is horribly thin. Stainless FTW!

"buening" said:
Hard to tell from those 70 pics, but did they have to hack up the trans tunnel that much to get the T56 in there?

You can see it in these pictures, the trans tunnel was raised a couple inches. They eventually put a console in, so its all covered.

2_07_05_09_11_09_56_0.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a pair of magnflow stainless tips on my ride.

This older pic was taken before paint & body. I still need to fit the exhaust to the new GT valance.

2379107_86_full.jpg

Rick, what was the brand, model, and source of the tips you ended up going with? I picked up a stainless magnaflow system too, 2.5", from a deal going on another board ;) a couple years ago. Still haven't installed it yet either. I was hoping to find some dual tip like the original GT style in 2.5", but as of yet have not found anything. I like how yours look installed.

They are Pypes brand, got them from Summit. They are actually for a chevelle, but they were the only thing I could find to fill out the cutouts. I've got the P/Ns on the receipt if you want them.

Back