• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

F.M.L.

Dave... You did a good thing for a person in need.... there's nothing wrong with that and (hopefully) it will get paid forward at some point

Sooooo.....
You posted the pic of the "after" getting the wedding dress fitted...are you gonna post a "during" pic?

Hey Dave, chill out. Ya done good. Order a pizza and forget your worries. You got a great wife there and she's lookin out for her brother. You knew that would be the case. I wouldn't expect anything less from her. Somebody in SoCal meet Dave at the airport with a lot of beer. Make that a REAL lot of beer. :craz

Dave,

Make time to slip out for a few hours and see the Midway. It is one of the best floating museums I've seen. Just the static display aircraft were amazing!

i'm with ya on choosing battles..... your SWMBO is a keeper.

Here is what I envision going down, Dave gets there (after a few drinks on the plane), stops on the way to the house at a bar and slams down a couple shots of anything, grabs a six pack for the road, wife is driving now so he downs 4 on the way, has to have have wife stop at closest liquor store for a 30 pack cause the beer is going fast, he finally gets to the house and demands to see the f$%x#ing wedding dress he bought, the bride to be breaks down and throws it at him while telling him where to stick his dress, now Gabby is no longer talking to him, the bride to be is not talking to him, also she calls off the wedding, now Gabbys brother is pi$$ed and threatens to take a baseball bat to him, the brides family joins Gabbys brother with the threats. Best advice---fake food poisening and stay home!

My plan is to have as little contact as possible outside of the actual wedding/reception. The sooner I'm back on the plane, the better.

So Dave...how did everything go at the wedding? Are you now the savior or the goat?

"Midlife" said:
So Dave...how did everything go at the wedding? Are you now the savior or the goat?

Nothing really exciting to report. The highlight of the trip for me was the rental car upgrade I insisted upon. Gabby had reserved a full size, which turned out to be a nothing special Pontiac G6. I used my rental car counter bargaining skills to get either Cadillac's new SRX crossover or Lincoln's MKZ for $50 more. Not wanting/needing an SUV.... and kind of in the market/shopping for a luxury car... I chose the MKZ and wasn't disappointed. Since we landed in Phoenix, had to drive to Yuma to pickup MIL and then head to San Diego a couple days later and then make the return trip/drive, I wanted some comfort under my ass. The MKZ did not disappoint me in any regard and it's now in the mix for a future purchase.

We did some light drinking/partying in Yuma on Thursday night with Gabby'd GF's and I'd visited with old work buddies earlier that day. We arrived in San Diego on Friday to utter chaos. The flowers for the Saturday wedding had been deliverd to the house on Friday morning just before we arrived. The mindless parents (my BIL and his bride) paid no attention to their 3 and 1 year old as the snot nosed little deviants quickly plucked every petal off of every flower. No big deal as Gabby volunteered our AMEX to buy another batch of flowers. Whatever. Similar circumstances for the food. The young couple getting married understandably didn't have a lot of money. Guees whose AMEX got swiped for $300 at the local supermarket/party supply store?

I'm just glad that it's over. After shelling out for the dress, the flowers and a good chunk for the food/prep I feel that it might as well have been my daughter.... but thank god it wasn't as the bride was the biggest whiny bitch I've associated with in a long time. She's one of those people who five minutes after meeting you're envisioning yourself smashing her head through the nearest wall just to get her to shutup. I'm not sure if she ever once stopped talking. I did manage to meet her father at the wedding. Since he suffers from a bad back he's on total disability.... at 48. He managed to break himself free from a five day golf trip in Prescott AZ to attend the wedding. Fuck him. I was pretty much surrounded by idiots the whole time I was in California.

The good news.... a lot of the guests were from Gabby's side of the family and came up from TJ. Bonus situation for me as they speak little English and I make no effort to speak Spanish unless it's for my benefit. The brides side of the family were all idiots except for her aunt and uncle where the wedding was held. The uncle had won a nice chunk of change in the lottery last year and has a very nice place up in the San Diego hills. Without their hospitality the wedding wouldn't have been anywhere near as tolerable.

I'm really glad to be home.

"Fast68back" said:
Where are the pics?

Ha ha! Another bonus! Gabby forgot to bring the camera therefore saving me the trouble of uploading 200 pictures of people I don't know into my photobucket account.

I believe there are some accessible through Gabby's Facebook account. I'll see if I can grab one.

At least ya got through it Dave. And look at the bright side...ya got to experience the MKZ and the uncle won the lottery and used his house. Otherwise you might have been paying for a rentAl hall too. :scar

As for the flowers. :rp

Casey and I got married on Nov 6, 1999. That day Penn State was playing Minnesota with a noon kickoff. We got married in the base chappel in Meridian, MS. Casey sewed her own dress. We had a 0930 wedding and told the pastor to talk fast because kick-off was as noon and we had to get home and prep the food, which we made ourselves. Casey's parents, some aunts and uncles, and my dad were there. The rest of the family wasn't invited or couldn't get the time off since we didn't give much notice. The reception was in our apartment and consisted of hot wings, nachos, and beer while we watched football. Penn State lost. I think we shelled out like $500 bucks total for the wedding.

10 years later we are still happy. And we still make it a priority to watch Penn State games wherever we are.

I'm not judgemental at all of people who spend upwards of 40-50 even 100k on a wedding. Its just that spending money like that is not something you have to do.

I've told the last 3 buddies of mine that planned big weddings that I would buy the most expensive item on the registry if they pay me back 5x what I paid IF they divorce inside of 7 years. They all told me to just get something cheap....

If I got shafted into paying all of that for their wedding...

I can promise you I'd be on Craigs list when I returned home and one evening shortly there after the wife would find a new project parked on her side of the garage when she got home :craz

"sigtauenus" said:
Casey and I got married on Nov 6, 1999. That day Penn State was playing Minnesota with a noon kickoff. We got married in the base chappel in Meridian, MS. Casey sewed her own dress. We had a 0930 wedding and told the pastor to talk fast because kick-off was as noon and we had to get home and prep the food, which we made ourselves. Casey's parents, some aunts and uncles, and my dad were there. The rest of the family wasn't invited or couldn't get the time off since we didn't give much notice. The reception was in our apartment and consisted of hot wings, nachos, and beer while we watched football. Penn State lost. I think we shelled out like $500 bucks total for the wedding.

10 years later we are still happy. And we still make it a priority to watch Penn State games wherever we are.

I'm not judgemental at all of people who spend upwards of 40-50 even 100k on a wedding. Its just that spending money like that is not something you have to do.

I'm with you bud. Even more so with my own up coming nuptuals.

Back