• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Falcon/Mustang ignition switch & pigtail

well I was going to photoshop some scantily clad babes into the engine compartment but just haven't had time...
I do have a picture of the harness coming into the compartment just above and to the right of the MC. It's a rectangular shaped plug...
index.php

Is there a second rectangular hole in the firewall, located more towards the centerline? I can't see one in the head-on shot of the bare firewall.

That implies the firewall connectors are distinct from any Mustangs, making my ability to refurbish things be difficult if that connector pair are damaged.

No. You can turn in that falcon harness in to me. If I can repair it, so much the better and it'll cost $175. If I can't, it can be a core and a fully refurbished 65 (or 66) harness can be yours for $175 which comes with a 2 year guaranty.

Well then ill pull it out of the car and ship it to you. I am not worried about correct just functional. Im traveling all week but maybe this weekend i can get it pulled out. That way we can see what we are working with.
The engine will be a late model 5.0 and i will use an alt with internal regulator.

Maybe...definitely if you plan on going EFI. With it appearing that the falcon maybe not Mustang-configurable, aftermarket may be appropriate. We can talk about it once I see what you have. I don't like unhappy customers, so I always give you the best possible advice and let you make the decision. For me to do that, though, I have to see what it is you have and how bad it may be and how dissimilar (if at all) from a Mustang. What's it gonna cost you to get that advice? The cost of shipping one way.

Even if I don't do any work, I pay for the return shipping.

"tarafied1" said:
It will also have a T5 and duel bowl MC.
Would it be better to just build a harness from scratch?

If you are going to build from scratch, you may as well just buy an EZ wiring street rod kit. Roughly $140 for a 21 circuit fuse panel. You can get them with either mini or regular size fuses. 65-408 put together a nice schematic together for converting his generic harness to his Mustang. For EFI the harness is pretty much standalone with only a few splices into the chassis harness. I've used two different street rod harness's on my projects and have been happy with both EZ Wiring and It's a Snap brand.

Hmmm
Thats a good price. The ones I've seen were several hundred bucks. Figured it would cheaper to salvage or use original stuff.
Im not going EFI. Not now anyway.

Mid there is two plugs, I thought it was only one but when I started to take it apart I could tell it was two.
index.php

One looks like the sending unit harness, heater blower motor...
index.php

and the other has all the lights, regulator, etc.

Back