• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

FIX-CA-MITM 2009 more info....

KBMWRS

Welcome truth back
Donator
Mustangs CA-MITM 2009

Its getting close and although this isn’t a sign-in sort of get-to-gether it would be nice to know who we should be looking for when we all get there. So lets have a roll call of who will be at this year’s CA-MITM. :3sum

KBMWRS
KBMWRS SWMBO

And for more helpful news….. :toot

While on a ride south I checked a few things.
Steamers, the restaurant next to KonTiki Inn has nice bar. That’s good right? This would definitely be a possibility upon arrival, after dinners….or whenever., although a BYOB and partying by the spa/pool or in a room is still good too. So be prepared.
Also Steamers is a nice restaurant with a full classy menu, ie..on the expensive side.

Suggestions for a Friday night dinner are destinations within walking distance, since after driving most of the day I’m sure most would rather forgo the getting in the car again for the day.
Within a few blocks walk (ala the same distance we have before) there are a couple of popular restaurants.
Giuseppe’s…..yes with a name like that it ain’t Chinese
The Cracked Crab….I’m guessing its not a BBQ place
Both had a great amount of patrons on a Friday night although I didn’t frequent either.

Next are just helpful directions :
Kon Tiki Inn: Southbound, exit Hwy 1, Pismo Beach
Northbound, exit Wadsworth, turn left, then a right on Price Street

AJ Spurs: Northbound: exit Oak Park, turn left
To return to Kon Tiki: at corner where AJs is turn left (Oak Park) cross bridge turn left on entrance ramp to Hwy101.

So make you plans and don’t forget to BYOB and glasses…..JohnPro has those special ones that he like to feel up as he drinks.

What's the deal on Sat. ? I might be able to come down for the day. It's about 3hrs from here. Nice drive and I don't mind it at all. I would be in a non-Mustang vehicle.

"Opentracker" said:
What's the deal on Sat. ? I might be able to come down for the day. It's about 3hrs from here. Nice drive and I don't mind it at all. I would be in a non-Mustang vehicle.

Saturday agenda:

Meet up at Kon Tiki Inn before 10am...enough time for late wake-ups and breakfast.
Leave at 10:00 for a cruise to Solvang.
Route: Hwy 1 south, Hwy 135, Harris Grade, Purisima Rd, Buellton Rd Hwy 246, Solvang
Lunch, shopping in Solvang. You're on your own or team up.
About a 100+ mile round trip

Dinner: AJ Spurs at Oak Park & Hwy 101 Pismo Beach area at 6:30

After dinner drinks.....Steamers, pool, room?????????

I really wanna go. Since we are getting married I can't spend any extra money right now. :roulette :roulette

KBMWRS (2)
Cmayna (2)
JeffTepper(2)
SacBill (2)
Del65 (2)
Exchevman (2)
JohnPro (2)
Crustycurmudgeon (on the fence...that's gotta hurt) :yikes

I'll be there, and I may or may not bring the gf in tow. I'll be working Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, but I'll be around Friday after 7:30 and Saturday after 5:30.

AJ Spurs is a nice steak dinner. Although they're on the expensive side, the food is good and I've never had a problem with service there. They also serve beer :D Make sure you make reservations so they can put together a table big enough.

The Cracked Crab has pretty good food, and lots of it, but it's kinda pricey. There's also not much for the non-seafood eaters, if there are any. I'd recommend Guiseppe's. Very good food and top notch service, and I'm sure the wives will appreciate it. Still on the pricey side, but I think Guiseppe's is more worth it. Very popular date night restaurant. I'd recommend making reservations either way, as both can get very full on Friday nights.

"crustycurmudgeon" said:
Is there something you're not sharing with me? Free room? I didn't RSVP, but I'm still "on the fence".
Frank

Sorry frank...when I HAD access to the other place I thought I read that you DID RSVP.

I'lll put you back on the fence. :nice

I have a PM to him right now about that.
I also called him today about the Morgan Hill show...he sent it in today.

Would some of you raise the MITM back you know where since I can't. It seems there are more attendees that I remember than I have noted:
KBMWRS (2)
Cmayna (2)
JeffTepper(2)
SacBill (2)
Del65 (2)
Exchevman (2)
JohnPro (2)
GT S-Code (2)
Starfury (2)
Outlawboss (2)
Crsustycurmudgeon(1)
David67 (2)

"cmayna" said:
No Johnpro?

Tracey and I will be there for sure. I just haven't been around for the last 2 weeks, what with Hot August Nights and our Catalina/Ensenada cruise. I'm booked at the Kontiki.

My vote for Friday would be the Cracked Crab. I LOVE seafood. I realize not everyone does, though, so won't complain too loudly if my vote is vetoed.

As a reminder to everyone staying at the KonTiki, make sure you've called to confirm and give them the first night's deposit to hold the room. They want this done a month before your stay. They don't take the credit card info when you first make the reservation unless you specifically give it to them. I didn't want them to charge me so far in advance, so I called up a week or two ago and gave them the CC info.

This is only necessary if you haven't already given them the info so they can go ahead and charge the first night against your card.

You heard it here first........GT_SCODE said he is attending, head count of 2, but no Mustang.

Back