• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

FIX-CA-MITM 2009 more info....

Ok, Mike--I'm off the fence (and boy am I sore :boo). Add 1 to the total.

I booked a cheap room at the Motel 6 about a mile and a half away from the Kon Tiki.

I can't miss this party. :tigg

Frank

Ok, I just got confirmation from the gf for both Friday and Saturday night dinners.

Do you know where dinner is on Friday, yet?

Mike: Do you have an itinerary for your trip on Friday yet? Some of us Sackers were thinking of caravaning with you along 101 instead of going the 5-41-46 route.

"cmayna" said:
Tad,
Am I going to be able to hear your lifters during MITM?
Yeah, although I've noticed they're a bit quieter post-head swap. Not sure why. They're still audible though.

Bill,
Sorry Mike has been slackin lately about finalizing the itinerary. Maybe he'll wake up from his nap to confirm, but I believe we were thinking of meeting at the Costco on the corner of 101 and 152 at 10am. Address is: 7251 Camino Arroyo Gilroy CA. I assume you sacto guys and girls would go 5 so to Pacheco Pass (152) to 101.

Not the best way to get here from Sac.

Probably the best way (not the quickest, but I won't make you guys run through the shortcut) would be to go down to Kettleman City, turn right on 41, head west on 46, then take that to 101 south.

I agree about the 41/46 route for the Sacto clan and maybe Mike didn't expect them to the Gilroy Costo but instead that might be the rondevous for just us bay area tagalongs.

"cmayna" said:
I agree about the 41/46 route for the Sacto clan and maybe Mike didn't expect them to the Gilroy Costo but instead that might be the rondevous for just us bay area tagalongs.

If the Sacto guys/gals want to meet up with us Bay Area types, they could always take 5 to 205/580 (Tracy) to 680 to 101 (or something like that) to meet up in Gilroy for the rest of the trip down.

*****UPDATE*****

I just looked it up on Google maps, From Sacto, taking 80 to 680 to 101 to Gilroy adds something like 3 miles to the total trip from Sacto and saves one minute of drive time as compared to taking the 5 to 41/46 to 101 route....essentially no significant sacrifice for the privilege of caravanning with the Bay Area crowd for the last 170 or so miles to Pismo!!

Mike, can everyone make it 170 miles on a tank of gas or do we need to schedule a gas stop after Gilroy?

"JeffTepper" said:
If the Sacto guys/gals want to meet up with us Bay Area types, they could always take 5 to 205/580 (Tracy) to 680 to 101 (or something like that) to meet up in Gilroy for the rest of the trip down.

We agree about the 5-41-46 being the best route, but johnpro and I were talking about swinging over closer to the Bay Area to not only meet up with you guys for the ride, but to have a more (different) bit of scenery from the bleak 5-41-46 view.

If you want a different view, I can always have a couple strippers changing an imaginary flat tire on Red along any roadside you desire. Just remember, I like stiff drinks with little umbrellas.

"JeffTepper" said:

*****UPDATE*****

I just looked it up on Google maps, From Sacto, taking 80 to 680 to 101 to Gilroy adds something like 3 miles to the total trip from Sacto and saves one minute of drive time as compared to taking the 5 to 41/46 to 101 route....essentially no significant sacrifice for the privilege of caravanning with the Bay Area crowd for the last 170 or so miles to Pismo!!
Jeff, I can guarantee you that route is not one minute shorter:p I can do Sac to SLO in 3.5 hours if pressed, although usually it's 4 in my car right at the speed limit with one stop for gas. That's almost impossible coming down 101.

But Bill is definitely right, I5 is bleak. 101 is a much better drive.

If anyone really cares, I'm planning to take the the 5 to 152 to 101 route from the Central Valley and make the Costco rendezvous. I be there on time, I swear to Allah.

Geeeezzzz.....

I go camping with the bears in Yosemite for a couple days and all you guys wake up and decide to meet up and go this way and that arguing over getting there faster. :yikes :sb

Simmer down children. :tigg :tigg :tigg :tigg

I'll get the itinerary posted later today....give me a chance to get things in order. :mid

"Starfury" said:
Jeff, I can guarantee you that route is not one minute shorter:p I can do Sac to SLO in 3.5 hours if pressed, although usually it's 4 in my car right at the speed limit with one stop for gas. That's almost impossible coming down 101.

But Bill is definitely right, I5 is bleak. 101 is a much better drive.

Tad:

FWIW, I double checked Google maps and the Sac to Pismo trip via I-5 is listed as 306 miles with a 5 hour 4 minute drive time. The Sac to Pismo trip via 101 is listed as 312 miles with a 5 hour 3 minute drive time. Obviously if you can average 70 mph the entire trip it will take somewhat less than 5 hours but, 3.5 hours would require a much higher average speed (85 mph) if the total miles are around 300. As fun as it is to drive 85 mph, a caravan of speeding Mustangs heading south on 101 would be tempting fate...................................... :naug

Two away? With this slacker? Soon we'll be down by three....... I swear by Allah bama and the 40 thieves.

Mike, business before pleasure; we're overdue for your first Knott's 2010 thread...you slacker. :crazy

"JeffTepper" said:
FWIW, I double checked Google maps and the Sac to Pismo trip via I-5 is listed as 306 miles with a 5 hour 4 minute drive time. The Sac to Pismo trip via 101 is listed as 312 miles with a 5 hour 3 minute drive time. Obviously if you can average 70 mph the entire trip it will take somewhat less than 5 hours but, 3.5 hours would require a much higher average speed (85 mph) if the total miles are around 300. As fun as it is to drive 85 mph, a caravan of speeding Mustangs heading south on 101 would be tempting fate...................................... :naug
I drive San Luis Obispo to Stockton and back fairly regularly, which reads ~240mi on my odometer, which actually reads about 7% over. Sac is another 30 miles north. I run 101 to 46 to 41 to 33 to 249 to I5, then up to Stockton. In my car, I usually do it in 4 hours with one piss/gas/food stop and driving right at the speed limit, which is 70mph on I5. If I drive fast through the hills and do 75-80 on I5 (which is cruising speed for the left lane) without hitting trafic, I can get there in 3 hours.

The best I can do shooting up 101 is Morgan Hill in about 3 hours=/ You're right, you just can't go very fast that way without risking getting a ticket.

"KBMWRS" said:
Geeeezzzz.....

give me a chance to get things in order. Let's see. First I need to find my teeth, then my little blue pills (just in case the Mrs wants to get frisky). Well guess that does it. Another nap? OK zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz:mid

Back