• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Fix California MITM'09

Y'all those pictures are great. The photos of the hotel on the oceanfront are really, really nice. What a great weekend y'all must have had. Wish I was there. I promised myself one day that I was going to take my car for a cruise down the Pacific Coast Highway.

Most of my photos are duplicates, but:

Why are all these SF'ers hanging out ifo the Solvang toilets?
Picture055.jpg

2 nature lovers looking for fresh pine cones
Picture045.jpg

Picture047-2.jpg

My invisible ride BEFORE the carnage
Picture013.jpg

kbmwrs, exchevman, ans jefftepper
Picture019.jpg

juanpro and sacbill
Picture024.jpg

crustyc
Picture027-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, Exchevman was one of the last people I would have expected to see there. It's cool that he went though.

And his car looks nice since the refurbish.

Well , thank you guys for the pics !!!!
When i first introduced myself on this forum and mentioned that Cmayna AKA Craig had invited me , the first reply was and i quote " Welcome aboard, since you've already admitted to being crazy (proof of that is knowing Craig) you'll fit right in! "
Now i understand what you all mean.I met the craziest one , i believe.But also the best buddy !!!
Thanks Craig for helping me out.I got "it".
For those who want my face, see pic

Here's two more photos you probably haven't seen. Sunday afternoon, getting fuel in Tres Pinos CA, a.k.a BFE, outside of Hollister. I didn't know Johnpro's GPS was set for the scenic route.

Picture079.jpg

Picture083-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
"DEL65" said:
Here's two more photos you probably haven't seen. Sunday afternoon, getting fuel in Tres Pinos CA, a.k.a BFE, outside of Hollister. I didn't know Johnpro's GPS was set for the scenic route.

You guys tried to cut over didn't you and ended up coming in the back door of Hollister..didn't you?

GPS fail ya? :bike

"70 StangMan" said:
Nice shot...Damn, $3.13.9 a gallon and I bitched about $2.34 this morning. :conf

Keep your horses !!!!
Overhere it is about $5.5 a gallon.
I would be glad , no , very happy to pay $3.13 a gallon

"70 StangMan" said:
Nice shot...Damn, $3.13.9 a gallon and I bitched about $2.34 this morning. :conf

That $3.13 was the cheapest gas of the whole trip ... and in the Podunk town of Tres Pinos, California.

"KBMWRS" said:
You guys tried to cut over didn't you and ended up coming in the back door of Hollister..didn't you?

GPS fail ya? :bike

Yes, we did. The stupid GPS suggested that route. It was a BLAST to drive with the 5 speed. Would have sucked with a convoy or with an automatic tranny. About a half hour after we were doing the hills and twisties, Tracey asked how much longer were we going to be doing this. I looked at the GPS and told her, "Oh, looks like another 30-40 miles of this". Tracey then asked if we got that Garmin on clearance and was ready to chuck it out the window.

That was my worst mileage of the trip, but well worth it. I got about 10 mpg on that stretch. On the drive down, I was averaging about 17 mpg, which ain't too shabby for a car with 354 HP at the wheels, and 416 ft. lbs. of torque.

"Fast68back" said:
She is approved now.... (now I have to go edit my post)

Hey! PurpleSunshine here. What did you have to change now that I showed up?! lol
I had a great time meeting all of you. You're all a lot of fun. I hope I wasn't too forward or offensive, I had a little bit of wine Saturday night. It was great to get away from the knitters for a break from work!

Lorna

"purplesunshine" said:
What did you have to change now that I showed up?! lol

A bad joke on my part, we usually let people hang out a while before we start picking on them... Welcome to the asylum. Post some pictures of your 'vert and tell us a story about it.

Back