• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Fix California MITM'09

"Fast68back" said:
A bad joke on my part, we usually let people hang out a while before we start picking on them... Welcome to the asylum. Post some pictures of your 'vert and tell us a story about it.

No problem, I can take (watch out I might dish it out too!)

3932115431_2ee1c31111.jpg

3932896122_c8c5a2dd18.jpg

3932895962_e4b690ee93.jpg

I bought my Sunshine almost 8 years ago off Ebay from a guy in Santa Cruz. She's 100% California, I'm the 3rd owner. The odometer turned to all 000's last summer but I don't know how many times it's done that.
I've loved mustangs since high school and finally got my dream car for my ???th birthday. I've had lots redone on her, most recently the paint job and a new carburetor and clutch. She runs like a dream (today). lol

Lorna

I know I know I know! My son said he'd fix em for me since you wouldn't do it. I can work a screwdriver but prefer not to lay on the garage floor, that's for guys. :rofl
Gee thanks for embarrassing me in front of everyone Frank. :cry

Lorna

That is nothing, you hang out here to long and you will know what real embarrassment is on here. But.....I never have seen that mod to bumper guards.

That's a sweet vert! Nice addition to the clan.

Not sure if you know, you can make a gallery with all the pics you want in the gallery.

"crustycurmudgeon" said:
Your bumper guards are on wrong. :boo

Sorry, had to do it.

Frank
I see nothing wrong with the bumper guards, but the front picture is not terribly distinct. There are rear bumpers, and those were available from OEM Ford as an option. What do you think is wrong here?

"purplesunshine" said:
I know I know I know! My son said he'd fix em for me since you wouldn't do it. I can work a screwdriver but prefer not to lay on the garage floor, that's for guys. :rofl
Gee thanks for embarrassing me in front of everyone Frank. :cry

Lorna

Wow, you're right about being able to dish it out :bash :rofl

I didn't want to try to fix them because the top bolts are hard to reach behind the bumper and after having a few beers I didn't want to risk damaging the paint.

Mid, the paint shop put the left on the right and vice-versa. Look at the bottom mounting point on yours and you'll understand.

Lorna knows I'm just having fun...don't you?

Frank

Hi Purplesunshine, I remember you from Pismo. Welcome to SF. Not much knitting talk here. We mostly tell lies and talk cars. BTW, were you aware that there is a band actually called "The Knitters?" It's a spin-off of the punk band X and The Blasters. One of the their popular songs is called "Poor Little Critter in the Road".
Poor Little Critter In The Road

I had almost forgotten that the bottle of wine that Craig was guzzling in the attached pic was labeled "Flying Goat" or something equally tasty!!!!

craig.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice photo of Cmayna, Jeff. Isn't Flying Goat Cellars part of Craig's private vineyard? IIRC, their motto is "All the flavor and twice the alcohol."

Belch! That was good stuff. Sorry to say that I could not remove the label off the bottle without messing it up.

goat_logo.gif

I need to find more so I can play Sanborn in the public. Did you know that there is a Flying Goat coffee out of Healdsburg, CA?

Flying Goat Cellars - handcrafted wines from the finest vineyardsMakes small lots of Pinot Noir from the Santa Maria Valley.

Flying Goat Cellars
550 Arden Way
Buellton, CA 93427
(805) 688-1814

www.flyinggoatcellars.com

We passed it on our cruise on Saturday.

Did you guys ever read the story of the kid out in CA, I would guess it was probably Napa. He got a 67/68 FB and his parents owned a winery. They let him make and bottle his own wine and he labeled it Fastback red or something like that. He was going to use the profits to restore the car? I'll see if I can find the link.

Cruise? Hell I was too busy hanging on for my dear life having to ride with that crazy driver in that blue FB.

Here it is...

http://santarosa.about.com/od/foodandwine/ig/Winter-Wineland-/The-Fastback-Challenge.htm

One of the stories had to do with Duffy's son who had been yearning for a '68 Mustang Fastback. So Duffy, who started Optima on a $5,000 tax return, gave his son a challenge: If he could oversee the production of a wine, then any profit earned could be used toward the purchase of his dream car. Danny took on the challenge and created the limited edition wine called Project Fastback. You can see a bottle of his creation on the far right. A picture of the car he had his sights on is on the label. By the way, he got the car.

Another link said
he Rose was made by the winemaker's 15 year old son as a means to purchase his dream car - a 1968 Mustang Fastback. The label is called FASTBACK PROJECT complete with a picture of the car. A friend donated 4 tons of Cabernet grapes to the son to get the project rolling. He was in charge of the entire process with very little intervention from Dad except when needed. He sold enough wine to buy the car and then some.

I think it would be cool to have a bottle of this stuff sitting around the casa

"JeffTepper" said:
I had almost forgotten that the bottle of wine that Craig was guzzling in the attached pic was labeled "Flying Goat" or something equally tasty!!!!

craig.jpg
Craig may be the one guzzling but someone else sure had an unsteady hand for taking the photo! (Besides, who wouldn't guzzle a little wine on a relaxing weekend?!)

Last edited by a moderator:
"DEL65" said:
Hi Purplesunshine, I remember you from Pismo. Welcome to SF. Not much knitting talk here. We mostly tell lies and talk cars. BTW, were you aware that there is a band actually called "The Knitters?" It's a spin-off of the punk band X and The Blasters. One of the their popular songs is called "Poor Little Critter in the Road".
Poor Little Critter In The Road
A band called The Knitters? How funny is that?! Now my life would be complete if I could find a group of knitting Mustang owners....

"crustycurmudgeon" said:
Wow, you're right about being able to dish it out :bash :rofl

I didn't want to try to fix them because the top bolts are hard to reach behind the bumper and after having a few beers I didn't want to risk damaging the paint.

Mid, the paint shop put the left on the right and vice-versa. Look at the bottom mounting point on yours and you'll understand.

Lorna knows I'm just having fun...don't you?

Frank
I know you're teasing Frank. No worries. I know when I'm not welcome. Where's the kleenex? :cry

I've been searching for that wine every place I go and nada......

I'm guessing Ford lawyers got wind of it and it is no more.

Back