• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

FOR CRAIG - April Fool's Day isn't always in April

AzPete

"Midlife" said:
I never got the PM, and I replied that I liked the steering wheel.

Craig: I was not in on this gag, so please do not be mad at me.

And the dog ate your homework.....you should check the sent list previously posted........ :lol :lol :lol

70_Fastback

Hell Bent for Speed
"AzPete" said:
And the dog ate your homework.....you should check the sent list previously posted........ :lol :lol :lol

The sent list was BS. I didn't get any PM either.

O

opentrackerSteve

Craig, you are the man. I honestly think you shold go with Black but added some fuel to the fire. Get to SAAC35 and swallow your pride.....

sigtauenus

"AzPete" said:
Saw his name over on alfords (I believe it was that name) web site a couple hours ago so he is floating around somewhere..........

Alright guys, I had an incredibly nefarious plan to add to this just now, but couldn't go through with it. I was going to register the username "cmayna" at a gay website and have the first post be a whine about how all his friends didn't like his gay steering wheel and rejected him, then was going to post the link to the gay topic back here with a comment about just how low he had fallen over this rejection.

fordrule

here was my PM

Re: Practical Joke: Cmayna's Steering Wheel
« Sent to: beach pony, garner67, AzPete, aslan, Shaun, Opentracker, Sacbill, opentrackerSteve, nymustang, fordrule, PJ Moran on: June, 29, 2010, 09:04:41 AM »
« You have forwarded or responded to this message. »
Reply to AllReply to All Reply with quoteQuote ReplyReply Remove this messageRemove
Adding opentrackersteve, pjmoran, fordrule, nymustang, azpete. This should be good. Give it 10
Quote from: garner67 on June, 28, 2010, 08:08:58 PM

Adding Opentracker, beach pony, Shaun, aslan, abrahamfh, to this thread.

Quote from: Sacbill on June, 28, 2010, 06:29:49 PM
If you’ve already received this PM, please forgive and hit your delete button. We’re just working hard to really spread the word on this one.

By now, you’ve probably read this thread by Craig (cmayna) and his continuing commiserations over which steering wheel for Shag. Craig is such a perfectionist (and it shows, to his credit) we have a feeling he’ll ponder and have fits until he picks just the right kind of wheel. So, we thought, why don’t we have a bit of fun with him?

The idea is basically this: As soon as Craig POSTS A PICTURE of his new wheel, AFTER HE’S PURCHASED OR INSTALLED IT, immediately post a reply second-guessing either the quality, the manufacturer, the look, the appearance in his car, or whatever you can think of. You probably don’t have to go over the top in your comments. The sheer volume of second-guessing and negative comments is what we’re going for…just to rib Craig a bit.

Let’s give him about a day or so, then we can fess up to the practical joke. (No need in him turning around and shipping the wheel back after he’s spent all that time selecting one.) SacBill will post about coming clean that it’s a joke

If you’re up for this, copy this PM and PM it to a few more SFers you think would be up for it.

Final note: Who knows how long it will take for Craig to make a choice, so keep the joke under your hat!

Names of SFers receiving this so far (add the names of the people you’re sending it to):
Sacbill
Kbmwrs
Jefftepper
Johnpro
SAC69
DEL65
Crustycurmudgeon
Garner67
Opentracker
Shaun
beach pony
abrahamfh
aslan

daveSanborn

"AzPete" said:
He could be lurking as a guest or sign up as a newbe to play this out.......

.... or he could be telling the truth and be PO'ed w/o a steering wheel.... it is possible.

AzPete

"daveSanborn" said:
.... or he could be telling the truth and be PO'ed w/o a steering wheel.... it is possible.

Very true. I find it hard to believe that Craig would go that far without replying first based on other happenings around here.

daveSanborn

I dunno, all I'm saying is it is possible. Looking at it chronologically.... Craig posted pictures of his new steering wheel on wednesday, most everyone immediately proceeded to give him crap about it, he woke up the next day and removed his steering wheel and mailed it back to the vendor. Not too difficult to imagine happening.

I sure hope Craig isn't upset. When I read the post the first thing I did was tell my GF about it. I told her the PM I received several weeks ago was from JohnPro, I assumed John was the instigator. I told her how awesome I thought it was that even though John is no longer with us that his final prank is coming to fruition. She laughed and was amazed at the little community that we had built here on Stangfix. It was a very proud moment to say the least. I for one sure hope Craig isn't truly upset.

AzPete

I know people are different. I just cannot imagine someone like Craig getting upset and not at least coming back and rebutting the comments before he returned the wheel. The Ca. group is to tight for this to play out like that or if it did go that way....they may not be as they seem. And how many of them have commented here..... I am still with the thought of he is trying to get a spin on this in his favor.

RyanG85

"AzPete" said:
I am still with the thought of he is trying to get a spin on this in his favor.
I'm with Pete on this one. You guys are playing right into it with the "I wonder if he really is mad" stuff....

KBMWRS

Welcome truth back
Donator
Well you guys know as much as I do. He won't answer or return my calls and won't respond to e-mail. :amaz

abrahamfh

All you boys and girls heading out to Sonoma this weekend, take your cameras for us please. I would really like to see Shag all wrapped up and looking like a champ,