• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Future Hot Rod Power Tour routes...

tarafied1

I frequent the Hot Rod forums and saw an interesting discussion...
Why cant the central part of the USA get any power tour love ? some of us middle aged people cant afford to take 2 weeks off of work to attend when it seems to only travel thru TN, KY, and into FL. If im correct I thought I read somewhere that PT has been thru Nashville atleast once every three years since 1999. And how many times has it been in TX, Once ? Twice ?

I dont want to hear the excuse about venues, traffic, im just curious, WHY ? Nashville seems to hold major automovtive events where thier Pro football team plays, Dallas has one of those, so does Houston and Kansas City, OKC has these fairgrounds where they have this lil NSRA show every year, and I know all those venues have plenty of parking space, cause ive been to all of them as well as nashvilles, they are all more than capable of doing the job and if you guys plan on another east coast power tour in 2012 can you let me know soon so that I can move to west virginia so that I could attend it

and heres thier responce....

Hi, xxxxx.
Thank you for the email and for being a long-time supporter of HOT ROD POWER TOUR. We work on cities and venues well in advance of the route announcement each year. Currently we are working on 2012 and 2013. We usually like to start where we end to give some continuity, and that plan is afoot again for 2012.

While we will not be going to Texas this year, don?t be surprised to see that in the mix for upcoming Tours. So, please don?t uproot and move to West Virginia! We are dedicated to mixing up the Tour over the next few years.

Thanks again, xxxxx
See you in June.

another poster comented...
Good to see you got a response from HR!

That info coincides with that I got about the 2012 tour ending in Ft Worth and the 2013 starting there. It would be nice to see it go up through Oklahoma for a change, we'll have to see if they do that for '13.
So all you Texan's be gettin' ready!

:yah :pbj :yah :pbj :yah

Dang. Now this means the pressure is on to make sure Gert is done and long distance road worthy by 2012/2013. :hide

Maybe this is the form letter:

Hi, [place complainants Name here]
Thank you for the email and for being a long-time supporter of HOT ROD POWER TOUR. We work on cities and venues well in advance of the route announcement each year. Currently we are working on 2012 and 2013. We usually like to start where we end to give some continuity, and that plan is afoot again for 2012.

While we will not be going to [place complainants Start here] this year, don?t be surprised to see that in the mix for upcoming Tours. So, please don?t uproot and move to West Virginia! We are dedicated to mixing up the Tour over the next few years.

Thanks again, [place Your Name here]
See you in June.
-------------------------------------------------

All kidding aside, I hope if comes fairly close to Dallas next year so a bunch of us can hook up for a leg or two!!

Heck, the power tour even started in Green Bay one year and I missed it. :shrug
It was the first year I had the Mustang and it was not ready for a major road trip.

They do tend to run the same sort of route every year it seems. I would love to do one that went out west.
They should do a route 66 power tour. A friend of ours did the route 66 drive and it looked very cool.

I may try to do half the 2011 power tour next year.

Well it depends on whether I can my efi swap done by then.
I would like to join the tour in indy, and run up to Detroit.

I don't think I want to go all the way down to fl.

once you do it you will be hooked!!!!!!!!
oh and the route 66 thing, I agree. I am going to a Route 66 Car show in Springfield IL next September.

rapid rabito if ya need some company i'm takin the wisconsin death trip on the power tour--if the 289 will hold up to make it to madison :hide and gonna hit up IOLA, every year for 15 years now :thu~

"S8NS 289" said:
rapid rabito if ya need some company i'm takin the wisconsin death trip on the power tour--if the 289 will hold up to make it to madison :hide and gonna hit up IOLA, every year for 15 years now :thu~

You go to Iola every year? MY Dad worked for old cars weekly. Ive been going there every year for the last 25+ years
Where are you from?

awesome!!, good finds at iola, great show too the one year they had that NASCAR speed tire change fun.. jump river 1 hour north of Eau Claire.

Wow, I thought I was only one from Wi on here. I'm near Appleton, 30 mins south of GB.

If you decide to the tour, we should definitely meet up on the way. :beer

I am looking at google maps to plan it out right now. Looks like about 15 hours on the road total. Probably take the ferry back home from Mi.

I don't remember that one. There is a lot of crazy stuff there.

He was trying to get $7500 for that pile? He has screw holding the the hacked roof on! :wtf

Hey Craig.
If the web site says indy on the 8th, does that mean they stay there that night or leave indy on the morning of the 8th?

the dates are for the day we arrive. They always have vendors and stuff that afternoon. They had a chassis dyno set-up at each venue and road racing, drag racing etc. at certain spots. I think Indy is at Speedway!

Back