• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Future Hot Rod Power Tour routes...

I have not been to indy since I went to the 30th anniversary celebration in charlotte in 1994.
Me and my buddy stopped there on the way down.

sent from my HTC Droid using tapatalk.

Years ago, the HRPT was literally a coast-to-coast event. I ran with them a couple of years as they passed through CO and into UT...But at some point, they seemed to "shrink" the route to be more or less a regional cruise. Not sure why.

I like the coast-to-coast format, as no matter where you live, the tour will likely come within a few hundred miles of your location.

Texas is one of two states (the other being CA) I consider to be "ground zero" for the old-car and muscle-car hobbies. I agree that HRM could get more participation in the Tour if they went through the TX/OK area.

yeah, I know the first trips were cross country. I think the tour grew when they made the day trips around 250 miles or so rather than 6-700 ish. I would love to go out West but I bet they have tried to stick to the more heavily populated mid-west, East and West coasts due to sponsors and venues (although it's been a while since they were out West). Texas and Oklahoma aren't bad drives though. I hope it does go out that way.

Back